5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bead Balancing worth it?

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hey everyone going to be purchasing a set of wheels and tires from custom offsets and they have an option for bead balancing vs standard wheel weights. looking at getting 35" nitto ridge grapplers, is it worth getting the bead balancing for the extra 45 bucks?

Memphsi87

Reaction score
They say it works better for larger tires that are knobby, but if your the kind of person that rotates Every oil change 5-6k, then I would say it’s not worth it. Ridge grapplers are Already A very smooth tire to begin with and Normal weights will be fine on them

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bead balancing only works in the vertical plane, it wont compensate for any lateral instability. Most reviews I've seen say it isn't worth the extra $$$.

jermball623

Reaction score
My buddy who owns a tire/repair shop uses them on all big tires and I do too. But he did say they are kind of hit and miss but easier with balancing big tires. I've had good results using them.

csm41

Reaction score
I use 12 oz's of good quality airsoft beads in the 37 x 12.50 tires on my Jeep. I never got them to work well on any size under 37 for whatever reason. On my Jeep I can do 75 mph smooth as glass. Even after a hard day of rock crawling, with the rims caked with dirt and mud, I can drive home and still smooth as can be. I used the matrix on the dynabead websight: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm

If you go that route, don't spend the money on the bags. My hardcore wheeling buddies and I have experimented with everything and every combination and got the best results with airsoft beads

IMG_0662.JPG

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Thanks all ill prolly just go with the standard stick on weights, never had issues with them in the past as long as they are installed from new. Ill use the 45 to invest possible towards getting them ceramic coated

Users who are viewing this thread