5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be careful

ThomasRam

Reaction score
Im having problems with 2014 1500 Lalime. The motor spun a crank bearing, and tore up the inside of motor. I bought this truck with 28,000 miles, being told the warranty is still in affect. Have only 33,625 miles. Come to find out the truck was a Canadian truck. Whoever brought it over the border didn't do the FCA paperwork to transfer warranty. The carfax stated that the truck had its warranty. This is a big reason for me buying this truck. I bought through a broker who bought it from a dealership who stated it had a warranty. FCA is not willing to help. I bought secondary warranty, but running into problems with this company, because the findings are left to there discussion. They stated a lack of lubrication. I just did the 30,000 mile maintenance. The cost of replacement and installation is $15,000.00

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im having problems with 2014 1500 Lalime. The motor spun a crank bearing, and tore up the inside of motor. I bought this truck with 28,000 miles, being told the warranty is still in affect. Have only 33,625 miles. Come to find out the truck was a Canadian truck. Whoever brought it over the border didn't do the FCA paperwork to transfer warranty. The carfax stated that the truck had its warranty. This is a big reason for me buying this truck. I bought through a broker who bought it from a dealership who stated it had a warranty. FCA is not willing to help. I bought secondary warranty, but running into problems with this company, because the findings are left to there discussion. They stated a lack of lubrication. I just did the 30,000 mile maintenance. The cost of replacement and installation is $15,000.00
Man, I feel bad for you. I'd talk to an attorney and figure out what options may be available and who may be at any fault. Nevertheless, welcome to the board.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time to lawyer up and take down Carfax, your broker, and the dealer. Most states have laws (it may be a national thing) that state the paperwork must explicitly state whether or not the vehicle has a warranty, and if it does, for how long.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel for you @ThomasRam I hope it works out for you. Get some legal help for sure.

I hate hearing stories like this, there are some serious dishonest people out there, always read the fine print.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
this happened to someone I know with a GMC ... end result wasnt good IIRC...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I traded my 2014 Outdoorsman in a my Rebel and now it is registered in North Carolina so my Canadian truck put some extra mileage on it. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread