5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS vs Zone 4" Lift on Non-air ride 4WD w/ Stock 22" Wheels

LS1

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger today and scheduled my truck for the 4" Zone lift kit with new UCAs and Fox rear shocks and wrapping my factory 22" wheels in 35x12.5/22 Toyo ATIII tires. February 9th and 10th can't get here soon enough!
Did you get the lift installed yet? I have a Laramie Night Edition I was looking to do the same lift on and keep my 22" Night Edition wheels

damram

Reaction score
Did you get the lift installed yet? I have a Laramie Night Edition I was looking to do the same lift on and keep my 22" Night Edition wheels
I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but thought I could help anyway.
The only difference in the Zone (and BDS) kits for factory 22” wheel and non-factor 22” wheel kits is the larger bore in the steering knuckles to accept the larger hub assembly that come with trucks that have factory 22” wheels.
Zone specifies a 5in minimum backspace is required. My factory 20” wheels have an offset of 19.05 mm which works out to a backspace of 5.75in., I believe the factory 22” wheels have the same offset. In order to use the factory wheels you would need a minimum of a 0.75 inch wheel spacer, I chose 1 inch wheel spacers to give me the extra clearance required so I did not need to trim my studs. If you decide to do wheel spacers, just be sure you get hub centric spacers. If you don’t want wheel spacers, you will need to buy a different wheel with the correct backspace.

hope that helps!

LS1

Reaction score
I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but thought I could help anyway.
The only difference in the Zone (and BDS) kits for factory 22” wheel and non-factor 22” wheel kits is the larger bore in the steering knuckles to accept the larger hub assembly that come with trucks that have factory 22” wheels.
Zone specifies a 5in minimum backspace is required. My factory 20” wheels have an offset of 19.05 mm which works out to a backspace of 5.75in., I believe the factory 22” wheels have the same offset. In order to use the factory wheels you would need a minimum of a 0.75 inch wheel spacer, I chose 1 inch wheel spacers to give me the extra clearance required so I did not need to trim my studs. If you decide to do wheel spacers, just be sure you get hub centric spacers. If you don’t want wheel spacers, you will need to buy a different wheel with the correct backspace.

hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply...this is very helpful. I am hoping to see some pics of the lifted truck with the factory 22" night edition wheels.

Vol4Life

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...this is very helpful. I am hoping to see some pics of the lifted truck with the factory 22" night edition wheels.

Here's the before and after pictures of the 4" lift with Toyo ATIII 35x12.5/22 tires. 2" spacers were required because the tire was touching the knuckles without them due to the offset of the factory wheels. Overall I think it turned out fantastic. I've got to take it and get one of the wheels balanced again because at low speeds it was fine but on the interstate it has a bad vibration, but other than that I'm 100% satisfied with it. Looks more like an actual truck to me now.

Attachments

• Before - Side.jpg
    Before - Side.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 106
  • After - Side.jpg
    After - Side.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Before - Angled.jpg
    Before - Angled.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 109
  • After - Angled.jpg
    After - Angled.jpg