5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 6" Lift

Hym8nce

Reaction score
So I was just called by my rep and was told that lift will fit up to 37" I will be ordering today and once installed I will give an update on the ride and post pics asap!! Can't wait it seems like I've been waiting forever!!

Attachments

• BDS Ram.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 81

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought this lift was just a unicorn. Still waiting for some 4" kits though. Can't wait to see some pics and get some feedback.

Hym8nce

Reaction score
I thought this lift was just a unicorn. Still waiting for some 4" kits though. Can't wait to see some pics and get some feedback.
According to my sources the 4 inch kit will be released later this year. But then again look how long it's taking to get the 6 inch kit out.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fabtech kit seems nicer? Especially on rear. New controls arms vs brackets. Too bad they are fixed length though.

You could always leave out the preload spacer, that will get you down to at least 5”.

Front might be better on the BDS, didn’t really look that hard. Saw they are using a preload spacer, don’t like that. Surprised they didn’t do the coilover kit at same time.

I do like that they came out with UCA, but way more than Readylift. These are icon territory. I’d like a set of those delta joint ones from icon for this price range.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Icon, is this a well known company as I’m new to companies that make UCA. :)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, premium shock company who makes lifts and what not now. They have this “new” joint, combination of a uniball and standard ball joint. No experience with them but seems legit.

Of course there’s no photo on that one, and don’t think it fits the 19 model since it was designed for 09-18.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
check out the BDS website, splash page news...6” BDS lift

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering what that also, I’m thinking maybe they use that for the non oem lifted trucks and then not on the rebel and ORG trucks? Would make sense

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
It looks like BDS, Pro Comp, & Rough Country all use small front preload spacers. Fabtech doesn't use them in their basic kit. Attached all of the install instructions to check out if you want.

Procomp 6" Lift -(link-file too large to attach)

Attachments

• bds lift.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • fabtech lift.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • roughcountry lift.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread