5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" Released

BlckDT

Reaction score
The does not work with list for those of you who will fall into it:

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. This system will not fit vehicles equipped with 22” wheels from the factory due to a difference in hub bore size.
2. Stock 17" wheels can not be re-installed. Stock 20" can be reinstalled with factory tire.
3. Will not fit adjustable air suspension equipped models.

But the RAM looks amazing with it! I had a BDF lift kit for my 04' Jeep KJ and it was excellent.

PR347-b.jpg

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The does not work with list for those of you who will fall into it:

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. This system will not fit vehicles equipped with 22” wheels from the factory due to a difference in hub bore size.
2. Stock 17" wheels can not be re-installed. Stock 20" can be reinstalled with factory tire.
3. Will not fit adjustable air suspension equipped models.

But the RAM looks amazing with it! I had a BDF lift kit for my 04' Jeep KJ and it was excellent.

View attachment 35471
Whats funny, is that it says it will not fit air ride equipped models, But the truck in the pictures is sitting on air ride. Which means an air ride versions is probably around the corner. These are photos right off of BDS' website. Plain as day that's an air spring in the front and rear.

1568049586651.png

1568049693209.png

Maxram

Reaction score
Excited to see more stuff come out but pretty disappointed in the price point on these being essentially the same price as a 6" without control arms. This kit should be at least a few hundred less than the 6".

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excited to see more stuff come out but pretty disappointed in the price point on these being essentially the same price as a 6" without control arms. This kit should be at least a few hundred less than the 6".
The 4 inch kit has all the same brackets and parts and pieces as the 6 just a little bit shorter the only real cost savings is in a little bit of raw material but fabrication labor between the 2 is going to be identical. Figure raw steel at a dollar per pound and a price difference of roughly 92 dollars between the 2. There really isn't much room to cut costs.

Maxram

Reaction score
The 4 inch kit has all the same brackets and parts and pieces as the 6 just a little bit shorter the only real cost savings is in a little bit of raw material but fabrication labor between the 2 is going to be identical. Figure raw steel at a dollar per pound and a price difference of roughly 92 dollars between the 2. There really isn't much room to cut costs.

No doubt! I know it's a really good kit too, they make solid stuff from what everyone says. I'm just frustrated at this point waiting for the right deal. I'm sure the prices will drop a little as more kits come out, just sucks waiting lol

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No doubt! I know it's a really good kit too, they make solid stuff from what everyone says. I'm just frustrated at this point waiting for the right deal. I'm sure the prices will drop a little as more kits come out, just sucks waiting lol
Yeah after market parts are lagging for the Ram, The Silverado is always first to get aftermarket items. They are also advertising MSRP. Local shops will probably sell it below that. MSRP on the procomp is 2 grand but you can pick it up for about 1750.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$2277.81 with Fox Shocks. I thought this might be a game changer for me; but I guess I'll stick with the MOPAR 2". I don't want to buy new wheels either, so wheels would be another $1200 if I did this .... a 4" lift would look really stupid (and not the good stupid) with 275/55R20 tires.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have e the Mopar lift currently but I would really need to see this installed with oem wheels to see if it’s worth changing over.

Maxram

Reaction score
I know it's not an apples to apples comparison but Daystar makes a 4" tactical lift fo the 19 ram. 2" level, 2" body lift and it's like 500 bucks.

R

Rob5589

2 grand and it runs the stock front shocks and springs? That and tons of folks are running 35's on the Mopar 2" and even on leveler kits.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 grand and it runs the stock front shocks and springs? That and tons of folks are running 35's on the Mopar 2" and even on leveler kits.
Better articulation out of the front end with the BDS kit. You don't sacrifice the 2" of down travel like you you do with the Mopar or other kits that preload the front spring.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
I just ordered it along with some 35s. It'll be a few weeks before it's installed and aligned but I'll let y'all know how it goes.

For those comparing this 4" to the 3.5SST lift, y'all should really look up the posts to see what people measure before and after, especially those with the off-road package. Not trying to throw shade on those kits but this is really a different deal altogether.

R

Rob5589

I just ordered it along with some 35s. It'll be a few weeks before it's installed and aligned but I'll let y'all know how it goes.

For those comparing this 4" to the 3.5SST lift, y'all should really look up the posts to see what people measure before and after, especially those with the off-road package. Not trying to throw shade on those kits but this is really a different deal altogether.
Looking forward to your impression of the kit. Are you doing the install or having it done?

Tprj82

Reaction score
i emailed bds about this kit and the factory 18s and they said they don't think it would work. Saying i would need a wheel with less then 5" of backspacing and mine are slightly over. Im ignorant to everything offset and backspacing lol. Wouldnt that just mean the wheel tire combo would stick out a little further?

RamSco

Reaction score
i emailed bds about this kit and the factory 18s and they said they don't think it would work. Saying i would need a wheel with less then 5" of backspacing and mine are slightly over. Im ignorant to everything offset and backspacing lol. Wouldnt that just mean the wheel tire combo would stick out a little further?
I have the BDS 6" with an aftermarket 18" wheel and 5" backspace. No way anything greater than 5" would work. If I had my druthers, I'd be no greater than 4.5. I'm still a little concerned what may happen in winter driving due to low clearances between the rims and brake calipers as well as the tires and UCA's. It's pretty tight. To your point, wheel spacers will push everything out which may be the critical difference on the back side for you (I'm not sure what the factory backspacing is).

10/02 Edit: Did 3.5 hours in slush, snow and ice in Montana last weekend and did not have a problem.

Last edited:

ryanc111

Reaction score
I'll do it myself but I'll have to get it aligned by someone with a rack. There's only one part on the whole frame to cut for this install, just a lot of nuts and bolts.

Have you had a chance to do the install yet? Can’t wait to see how it turned out.

blackbeard_outdoors

Reaction score
I have the BDS 6" with an aftermarket 18" wheel and 5" backspace. No way anything greater than 5" would work. If I had my druthers, I'd be no greater than 4.5. I'm still a little concerned what may happen in winter driving due to low clearances between the rims and brake calipers as well as the tires and UCA's. It's pretty tight. To your point, wheel spacers will push everything out which may be the critical difference on the back side for you (I'm not sure what the factory backspacing is).
I have the method nv wheels in 18x9 with a -12 offset and the wheel has a 4.5” backspacing on 305/70R18 cooper discoverer stt pro tires. Will the bds 4” or 6” lift work on my current set up? I’m currently running a 2.5” leveling kit to make the tires fit but i really want to go full lift for better ride and performance but every kit i see says i need 20” wheels

Attachments

• 642A5E71-4E06-4F66-92D4-42BA05987FAA.jpeg
    642A5E71-4E06-4F66-92D4-42BA05987FAA.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 7F7BBAEA-D2C5-48F7-9ABE-9CDDF1DFE763.jpeg
    7F7BBAEA-D2C5-48F7-9ABE-9CDDF1DFE763.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 198
  • CB7AD524-84B6-47EF-96ED-EE9F6E6F43DD.jpeg
    CB7AD524-84B6-47EF-96ED-EE9F6E6F43DD.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 189

RamSco

Reaction score
I have the method nv wheels in 18x9 with a -12 offset and the wheel has a 4.5” backspacing on 305/70R18 cooper discoverer stt pro tires. Will the bds 4” or 6” lift work on my current set up? I’m currently running a 2.5” leveling kit to make the tires fit but i really want to go full lift for better ride and performance but every kit i see says i need 20” wheels
At 4.5” backspace and 18’s, I think you’ll be fine with the 6” lift. I can’t speak to the 4”. BDS Tech is very responsive, however. I’m guessing you’d be fine with either kit but it’s worth double checking with their Tech. Your truck looks awesome. Probably even better with a little more lift.

Users who are viewing this thread