5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4 inch w/Air Ride - 6 months and still waiting

RedDogN8

Reaction score
I bought my 2021 Ram Limited on May 30th, and at the same time ordered the BDS lift with Fox shocks... its now Oct 5th, and I am still waiting for my lift... they say there us a delay with 2 parts from Fox.

At what point do I just cancel and go a different route?!?

And if so, what route do I go?

Klicht87

Reaction score
Unless you can get it faster somehow from another vendor, keep the order. I really want to order the kit but just can't support dropping 3000 on the kit plus install and also buying new wheels and tires. I personally wouldn't go with another brand, i.e. Rough Country. Although they have good reviews, I don't trust their product.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I've got the RC 5" on my air suspension Rebel. Absolutely no complaints!

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 88

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've got the RC 5" on my air suspension Rebel. Absolutely no complaints!
RC website specifically says:
  • Kit is not recommended for AWD models.

Interesting comment, especially considering that this is 4WD-only kit :)

Ramzilla01

Reaction score
I bought my 2021 Ram Limited on May 30th, and at the same time ordered the BDS lift with Fox shocks... its now Oct 5th, and I am still waiting for my lift... they say there us a delay with 2 parts from Fox.

At what point do I just cancel and go a different route?!?

And if so, what route do I go?
I ordered my 6” with fox coil overs in April. I got it in September. You can expect 6 months but s worth the wait

jetrider91

Reaction score
I'm happy to hear that. Now hear me out!! I am also still waiting on my BDS lift kit that I ordered in June 2021. I ordered mine with all the bells and whistles and was told by BDS and Custom Offsets that the kit would take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. I accepted that and placed my order. Well its been 20 weeks since my order was placed, and I'm starting to get pissed. I've spoke with BDS and have been told about 4 or 5 different excuses. So I guess it is what it is. The part that makes me happy or less concerned about my order taking so long is knowing that others are also waiting a long time on there orders. Which sucks, but I know I'm not getting screwed or forgotten. Anyone else waiting on BDS kits to be delivered?

RedDogN8

Reaction score
The day has finally come. The kit was delivered and I am dropping off my truck tonight. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week! Pics coming soon!!!

Domt1775

Reaction score
The day has finally come. The kit was delivered and I am dropping off my truck tonight. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week! Pics coming soon!!!

Let’s see some before and after pics brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhartt88

Reaction score
Im going thru the BDS wait also. Originally ordered a 6inch coil over kit, but was told by the shop that realistic arrival would be june or later. So I audibled to the 6 inch non-coil over kit and added the fox rear shocks which apparently will be here in 4-6 weeks, AND ordered the front coil over and resevoir individual part which the shop will install when it arrives in june for free.

net net cost me $200 extra bucks to order a la cart but hopefully will be happily driving around the lifted truck 5 months faster. Maybe i’ll like the ride enough to save the $2k and not even install the coil overs…

RedDogN8

Reaction score
Still waiting on wheel flares. They ordered the wrong ones, and of course the right ones are now on back order.

Jr22

Reaction score
Congrats, I just got mine installed 3 days ago. Same boat as everyone else. I waited 8+ months for my wheels and 5+ months for 4inch air ride kit from BDS. It’s well worth the wait fellas!

Attachments

• 430F5AF5-341A-4C72-988D-4EFCFDF7F8A4.jpeg
    430F5AF5-341A-4C72-988D-4EFCFDF7F8A4.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4C9BE7D8-D62C-4914-A96F-500451151A9C.jpeg
    4C9BE7D8-D62C-4914-A96F-500451151A9C.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 0C61FF1D-D63F-411B-93AC-8C3EE1012B7C.jpeg
    0C61FF1D-D63F-411B-93AC-8C3EE1012B7C.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 73

Drewski710

Reaction score
Congrats, I just got mine installed 3 days ago. Same boat as everyone else. I waited 8+ months for my wheels and 5+ months for 4inch air ride kit from BDS. It’s well worth the wait fellas!
Nice looks super clean. How’s the ride quality ? Any difference ? And does this void your factory warranty?

Jr22

Reaction score
Nice looks super clean. How’s the ride quality ? Any difference ? And does this void your factory warranty?
Thank you! Ride quality is the same as stock if not a little less bumpy since the factor 22's had ruberbands around them. with the 35's theres a little more flex to absorb the small bumps. only difference is MPG took a hit. I do have the extended warranty and took it in for an oil change dealer didnt say anything.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Did anyone install the BDS UCA on their air ride ram as well? On their website, it specifically states they won't work due to frame variations on the air ride models. And their support just mimics the same wording so I was hoping someone out there has tested then and they actually do work. If not, I need a good pair of UCA for mine that do fit air ride.

Edit: BDS doesn't support because they don't include the connection for the air ride sensor arm. Has nothing to do with the frame. I went with the ReadyLift UCAs from Revel and they're perfect. I would've loved to get the core 4x4 ones but $1100 for UCA is insane.

Last edited:

JRD

Reaction score
To those of you with the 4” BDS kit for air ride, how do you guys like it after running it for awhile? Would you change anything/any regrets?

Users who are viewing this thread