5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" air lift getting installed

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just seeing this thread. Truck looks great. My truck fits in the garage exactly like yours, just clears the garage doors.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
Has anyone put the 4”bds on a rebel non air suspension?
I purchased 4”BDS non air w/fox shocks about a week ago and am waiting on the kit to ship. The shop estimated it would ship in 5 weeks. Will post pics/review once it’s done. Going with 20x10 -24 XD Grenades satin black and 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Truck looks great! How's the ride? Can you take some pictures showing how far the wheels stick out past the fender?

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Truck rides great very close to stock, maybe a bit of sway from the larger tires but no rubbing at all with the +1 and true 35” tires

Poswah

Reaction score
Truck rides great very close to stock, maybe a bit of sway from the larger tires but no rubbing at all with the +1 and true 35” tires
Looks awesome! I'm looking at the 4" kit and 35's too but for non-air ride suspension. Is it possible to use the factory rims or is the offset/backspacing no good?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I'm looking at the 4" kit and 35's too but for non-air ride suspension. Is it possible to use the factory rims or is the offset/backspacing no good?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I used the factory 20”s for a month while i broke in the lift before recheck, had no issues with them

Yoc13838

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Can you tell me the size and backspacing of your wheels? I am thinking 20x10 with -18 backspacing. My apologies if I missed it in an earlier post.

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
So can you confirm my understanding that you essentially removed the air suspension and replaced with coil over shocks in the front and coils in the back?

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
So can you confirm my understanding that you essentially removed the air suspension and replaced with coil over shocks in the front and coils in the back?

BDS lift does NOT remove the air suspension, it just lifts the factory air suspension by 4" on every of the settings without impacting the existing ride height.

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
BDS lift does NOT remove the air suspension, it just lifts the factory air suspension by 4" on every of the settings without impacting the existing ride height.

I’m not referring to the BDS kits that are specifically designed to lift with the air ride unaffected. I’m referring to those who have lifted a 2020-21 Ram 1500 Limited with air ride by replacing the front airbags with coil over shocks and the rear bags with coil springs. BDS has not yet released an air ride kit for the 2020-21 Ram 1500 so I understand that some folks have done the coilover swap and disconnected the air ride system in the computer and removed fuses. I’m looking for specific feedback from someone who has done this.

Jr22

Reaction score
I’m not referring to the BDS kits that are specifically designed to lift with the air ride unaffected. I’m referring to those who have lifted a 2020-21 Ram 1500 Limited with air ride by replacing the front airbags with coil over shocks and the rear bags with coil springs. BDS has not yet released an air ride kit for the 2020-21 Ram 1500 so I understand that some folks have done the coilover swap and disconnected the air ride system in the computer and removed fuses. I’m looking for specific feedback from someone who has done this.

There a few members that have done this. They had to take everything out, Front and rear air bags, sensors, air compressor. All they would get is the "Serivce Airbag" message on start up then goes away after 10 or so seconds. I am a little curious why would you want to remove the factory air ride? It rides so damn smooth compare to any other pickups i have ever been in and you paid for it.

MetalDog

Reaction score
There a few members that have done this. They had to take everything out, Front and rear air bags, sensors, air compressor. All they would get is the "Serivce Airbag" message on start up then goes away after 10 or so seconds. I am a little curious why would you want to remove the factory air ride? It rides so damn smooth compare to any other pickups i have ever been in and you paid for it.

If you offroad then you want to be on steel. The only non coilover suspension I would ever use offroad is the Lexus 570 that uses a hydraulic suspension. If an air bag goes out and you are 10 miles on a trail, you are limping out on your bumpstops.

Users who are viewing this thread