5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" air lift getting installed

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
I wanted a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and air ride is the only way it comes. I want to lift the truck six inches and have 37” tires. As of now there is no available “kit” that will give me what I want and maintain the air ride. Thus my choice is to swap it to coil over shocks in the front and coil springs in the back.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and air ride is the only way it comes. I want to lift the truck six inches and have 37” tires. As of now there is no available “kit” that will give me what I want and maintain the air ride. Thus my choice is to swap it to coil over shocks in the front and coil springs in the back.

while I haven’t done this, yet anyways, it seems pretty simple, swapping the parts Out is easy.You don’t have to pull the air lines and compressor and all that, IIRC you just pull 1-2 fuses and use that Ram version of Forscan. Can’t remember what it’s called off the top of my head. But it plugs in and overwrites the BCM so the truck thinks it doesnt even have air suspension installed. No messages on the dash.

there’s a thread or 3 on here I think. And probably some on the rebel forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/