5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4” vs Readylift 3.5”SST kit vs 2” Mopar

Reaction score
I was searching the website here and I see threads about the 3.5SST but not as much information or pictures on the BDS 4” lift. Definitely no threads comparing the 2, so I wanted to get some information and possibly some pictures.

2” Mopar kit seems like a good kit to go with because it comes from RAM. Comes with Bilstein struts and shocks. My only issue with this is it seems this kit still has the rake which I would prefer to get rid of. This kit is $1353 Canadian from Mopar Parts Canada.

Readylift 3.5SST seems to give you a decent amount of lift and is so far the cheapest options. I know there have been mixed reviews on here but it generally seems lime a good product. I have seen some pictures with some bad CV angles, but I’m not sure if this is on trucks with the ORP only or all trucks. My truck is already low being the sport model. I can get this for $1000 pretty much anywhere (Walmart, Amazon etc..) The weird part is when I search the product number on amazon 69-1935, it says it fits all the models but when I put in Sport (I have the Canadian Sport model) it says it doesn’t fit. Would there be a reason it doesn’t fit the Sport?

Last is the 4” BDS kit which would give me a nice actual lift and will be a little higher then the Readylift I am sure. I know this is a quality kit so no worries there. The price is the only thing, it’s almost $3000 Canadian. $300 more with Fox 2.0 shocks but I think I will save that $300 and stick with the NX2 shocks from BDS. I am a pavement pounder, I don’t off-road and rarely am I on backroads. I just want a little high stance. So $2000 more then the SST kit which would give almost the same height.

So please discussion about each would be nice, might make my decision process easier. I am leaning more towards the BDS because I think it’s the best choice, but at the same time is also $2000 more. If I can get away with a $1000 SST kit, I can put $2000 towards tires instead.

Now here is some info on the truck. My truck is a 2019 with the 3.21 gears and I have no plans on upgrading my gears. I was going to go with a Rebel with 3.92 gears but figured I was never going to go high enough for big tires. Also I was under the impression with the 3.21 gears and 8 speed transmission you could go to 35’s anyhow.

With the being said, I will be keeping my stock rims/tires on because I have the tire warranty and I want to get my money out of them. If it looks too funny then I will change them out sooner rather than later. Not sure on tire size yet. As above I heard mixed reviews with 35” on 3.21 gears so I am not 100% convinced this is the way to go. I don’t tow or off-road so just a pavement pounder. So I was thinking 33”-34” or equivilant sizes. I was sort of eyeing Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac or BF Goodrich KO2.

As much as a 6” lift kit would be awesome, I don’t want huge tires nor do I want a high truck. Been there already with a 9” lifted Ram 2500. I want something that is easy to get in and out off without too much fuss on a daily driver. And I want to be able to still get into underground parking garages if I can. Not that I frequent them much, but on the occasion I do it would be nice to use them.

What are some suggestions and maybe some pictures.

Lift or Readylift? Mopar I dunno.

Mother

Reaction score
If you don't currently have the Off Road Package you could do the Mopar lift with ORP front springs and that would get rid of most of the rake. Mopar lift comes with Fox shocks, BTW, not Bilstein.

Reaction score
If you don't currently have the Off Road Package you could do the Mopar lift with ORP front springs and that would get rid of most of the rake. Mopar lift comes with Fox shocks, BTW, not Bilstein.

The kit I found on moparpartscanada.ca list the kit with Bilstein shocks. Here is the link https://www.moparpartscanada.ca/oem...wMCZ5PTIwMTkmdD1iaWctaG9ybiZlPTUtN2wtdjgtZ2Fz

Here are all the lift kits the moparpartscanada.ca site list for my truck

For some reason the 77072424/AB is listed as being discontinued for some reason.

Now I know this site is not the official Mopar parts page, and the 77072424/AB is listed on Mopar Parts official website catalogue. Now they don't list the price of the official one. I am guessing the one I quoted with Bilstein is cheaper because of the Bilsteins?

I do realize that the 77072424/AB says it comes with FOX shots. Not sure if the kit with the Bilstein's are is an official Mopar kit (but it's listed as such on the site) but maybe for the older style trucks?

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like that kit with the Bilsteins is for the "DS" (4th gen).

It is probably a listed wrong, because I do see pictures of the DS style trucks. They don't even list the DT 2020 Ram model on the site.

I will call my dealer and ask how much the kit is to I get an actual price. The issue with the Mopar kit is the rake, I don't want any rake.

Did I read that if you have the ORP you don't use the spacers and if you don't have it you use the spacers? I haven't seen anything indicating you need more parts when ordering the lift if you don't have the ORP. In fact the kit states it doesn't work the the Rebel.

I so see the 77072424AB seems to be an update kit that keeps the truck more level compared to the 77072424 kit. I'm reading the thread now about the updated kit.

Although I do like the sounds fo a 4" lift.

If the dealer gives me a good price on the 2" mopar installed I may keep it. Just because I like the sounds of no warranty issues.... Maybe I can install myself and still keep warranty. I have compressed springs lots in my days with the spring compressions kits. So not worried about that.

Reaction score
Dealer is $3200 Canadian installed ($2600 in parts) this doesn't included taxes. With taxes (install) I would be looking at $3600 for a 2" lift. ($2700 USD installed)

Seems really steep if you compare parts prices
2" Mopar $2600+tax = $3000 ($2300 USD)
3.5" ReadyLift $1000+tax = $1130 ($844 USD)
4" BDS $2997+tax = $3400 ($3700 with the fox shocks I don't really need) ($2540USD / $2750 USD)

I have some decisions to make.... Nice thing is the dealer's Manager just installed the 2" Mopar Lift kit on a Canadian Sport model (which is what I have) so I am going to go check it sometime this week to see if it's enough lift for me or not. Still $3600 installed (or even the $2600 for parts) it steep compared to the 4" BDS (or even the 6" BDS which is only a few hundred more then the 4" BDS)... $400 more and I can have a 2" higher lift.

Decisions... Decisions lol...

jasnak

Reaction score
I was searching the website here and I see threads about the 3.5SST but not as much information or pictures on the BDS 4” lift. Definitely no threads comparing the 2, so I wanted to get some information and possibly some pictures.

2” Mopar kit seems like a good kit to go with because it comes from RAM. Comes with Bilstein struts and shocks. My only issue with this is it seems this kit still has the rake which I would prefer to get rid of. This kit is $1353 Canadian from Mopar Parts Canada.

Readylift 3.5SST seems to give you a decent amount of lift and is so far the cheapest options. I know there have been mixed reviews on here but it generally seems lime a good product. I have seen some pictures with some bad CV angles, but I’m not sure if this is on trucks with the ORP only or all trucks. My truck is already low being the sport model. I can get this for $1000 pretty much anywhere (Walmart, Amazon etc..) The weird part is when I search the product number on amazon 69-1935, it says it fits all the models but when I put in Sport (I have the Canadian Sport model) it says it doesn’t fit. Would there be a reason it doesn’t fit the Sport?

Last is the 4” BDS kit which would give me a nice actual lift and will be a little higher then the Readylift I am sure. I know this is a quality kit so no worries there. The price is the only thing, it’s almost $3000 Canadian. $300 more with Fox 2.0 shocks but I think I will save that $300 and stick with the NX2 shocks from BDS. I am a pavement pounder, I don’t off-road and rarely am I on backroads. I just want a little high stance. So $2000 more then the SST kit which would give almost the same height.

So please discussion about each would be nice, might make my decision process easier. I am leaning more towards the BDS because I think it’s the best choice, but at the same time is also $2000 more. If I can get away with a $1000 SST kit, I can put $2000 towards tires instead.

Now here is some info on the truck. My truck is a 2019 with the 3.21 gears and I have no plans on upgrading my gears. I was going to go with a Rebel with 3.92 gears but figured I was never going to go high enough for big tires. Also I was under the impression with the 3.21 gears and 8 speed transmission you could go to 35’s anyhow.

With the being said, I will be keeping my stock rims/tires on because I have the tire warranty and I want to get my money out of them. If it looks too funny then I will change them out sooner rather than later. Not sure on tire size yet. As above I heard mixed reviews with 35” on 3.21 gears so I am not 100% convinced this is the way to go. I don’t tow or off-road so just a pavement pounder. So I was thinking 33”-34” or equivilant sizes. I was sort of eyeing Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac or BF Goodrich KO2.

As much as a 6” lift kit would be awesome, I don’t want huge tires nor do I want a high truck. Been there already with a 9” lifted Ram 2500. I want something that is easy to get in and out off without too much fuss on a daily driver. And I want to be able to still get into underground parking garages if I can. Not that I frequent them much, but on the occasion I do it would be nice to use them.

What are some suggestions and maybe some pictures.

Lift or Readylift? Mopar I dunno.
I’m from Canada also. Mopar plus dealer install for the Mopar was gonna be 3400 bucks.they called this a 2 inch kits all round. This is the front and back. Maybe your talking just the front. So I went with the 6 inch bds which was 3200 bucks for the kit.

Reaction score
I’m from Canada also. Mopar plus dealer install for the Mopar was gonna be 3400 bucks.they called this a 2 inch kits all round. This is the front and back. Maybe your talking just the front. So I went with the 6 inch bds which was 3200 bucks for the kit.

My dealer quoted me $3200 for the install and then you have taxes on top of that. That about the same price you seem to be have quoted, my dealer is just a little less or a little more (depending on if yours included taxes or not). I'm in Ontario so the Mopar at my dealer is $3200 CDN + 13% sale tax which gives me a total of $3616 (give or take). You may have read my posted wrong... The $2600 is parts and then another $600 for them install it, if I went this route I'd rather have them install it for the $600 as it's not worth the aggravation working in my driveway, renting a spring compressor or using straps to compress (dangerous I know and yes I've done it before) plus the alignment alone. Unless they didn't include alignment with the install price I really don't know. Still $600 even without alignment is worth it. As for the price of the kit, seems a little steep even with the FOX shocks. I have search, and found some places that are cheaper like ebay or other places but they do not ship to Canada (Mopar Accessory Giant). I have family in several states, but paying shipping to them and then from them to me would be crazy and a PITA. Plus I can't just drive to the US as we all know since borders are shut down. If the borders were open, I'd ship it to Buffalo and drive down. I would be saving like $1000, spending maybe $200 in gas. Heck could probably even set it up with a local Chrysler/Ram Dealer in the area and have it installed while I am down there, have the items shipped right to the dealer.

With all that I said above, I am thinking the BDS 4" wouldn't be much more then I'd be spending at the dealer. Maybe a little more, but then I'd be getting an extra 2" lift on top of the Mopar kit. I don't need the 6" lift as I only have 3.21 gear ratio and will not go any bigger then 35" tires. So the 4" is fine, even from pictures I seen the Mopar 2" is decent as well. I'm just looking at this as a cost>lift height, even if I don't need to life it 4" lol..

Where in Canada are you? Where did you order your lift kit from?
I went to a webstie (bdsliftkits.ca) and just quoted the prices they have listed. They list the 6" lift at $3108 without taxes and the 4" $2977 without taxes.

Did you install yourself or have a shop do it?

I don't mind doing it myself, but the Mopar Dealer install price is only $600 which is good. Heck if they offered to install the BDS for me at the same price I'd probably jump on it. I did hear BDS is a kit that many dealers pre-install on trucks.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
don't sweat the gears. Ive had several trucks with 35s and the 321s.

I had the readylift 3.5 on my last truck. It rode great and looked good. But, the UCA bushings wore out after only 20k miles. Cost me $150 to replace the bushings. I think RL knew there was issues with them because they instantly sent me knew bushings when I emailed them. I didn't keep the truck much longer after that, coincidentally. I likely would have went this route on my new truck if I hadn't decided to back to a 6 inch lift.

Ain't no way I'd ever pay the money they want for the Ram 2 inch lift. I've done spacers on front and back in the past (2.5 in front, 2 in back) on 2 trucks and had zero issues even with high miles. Ride was fine.

Reaction score
don't sweat the gears. Ive had several trucks with 35s and the 321s.

I had the readylift 3.5 on my last truck. It rode great and looked good. But, the UCA bushings wore out after only 20k miles. Cost me $150 to replace the bushings. I think RL knew there was issues with them because they instantly sent me knew bushings when I emailed them. I didn't keep the truck much longer after that, coincidentally. I likely would have went this route on my new truck if I hadn't decided to back to a 6 inch lift.

Ain't no way I'd ever pay the money they want for the Ram 2 inch lift. I've done spacers on front and back in the past (2.5 in front, 2 in back) on 2 trucks and had zero issues even with high miles. Ride was fine.

Yeah I’ve read that the 3.21 gears would be fine with 35” tires, now depending on the weight of the tires might affect the power slightly. I think these things have more then enough power and get up to handle the tires especially with the 8 speed transmission. Now something like 37s I would never try.

I‘m not going to be off-roading this truck at all, back roads the odd time here and there but that is about as much mud this thing ever see.

I agree with you, the price of the 2“ lift is a hard pill to swallow, the only thing that attracts me to it is the fact it wouldn’t affect my warranty 100%.... Chances of the BDS lift affecting warranty is probably pretty low but not 100% safe from FCA denying a claim for some of the parts (Driveline, axles, transmission etc..). Especially when the BDS lift from my understanding keep the CV joint at a close to factory as possible, within specs anyhow.

So in snooping around I have found the Mopar kit on eBay, part number 770722424AB, that has a cost of $1623 CAD ($1212 USD). That price includes the product, shipping from the US to CAN, import duties and taxes so I will not have any surprises when the items cross the border. $1623 is all I will pay. I can live with spending $1600 on factory Mopar approved parts and then taking those parts to my dealer and paying $600 or so to have it installed. So I end up paying $2200cad for the 2” Mopar lift that keeps all warranty intact. I am sure it doesn’t matter where I source the parts, as long as they are Mopar parts that I buy from eBay, theyshould be covered should something happen by the dealership especially if I have them install the kit. Then if I want to add the ORP shocks maybe add another $300 in parts (I haven’t priced them at my dealer yet). So I may end up paying $2500-$2600 for a 2” lift. Is that good or bad? The trucks I’ve seen on here with the 2” Mopar kit looks pretty good especially when they get the ORP springs for the front. Seems like that is the way you need to go if you want it leveled.

Now the BDS 4” lift would cost me, $3385 CAD ($2527 USD). That is it in my cart with a 10% discount ($3762 without discount). They also ship for free over $500 to my province. That is a whole bunch more expensive then the Mopar kit priced at $1623. That is $1762 more for 2 additional inches in height. It’s also $1762 more I am spending that I could be spending on upgrading my tires quicker. Or put towards the install price and ORP springs which would cost about $900 or so. That leaves me with about $800 to still go towards my tires. BDS will still cost me another $600 or more for install, so I’d be paying $4000 CDN by the time it’s installed and I still would need to buy tires.

Over all I think BDS would cost me roughly $5000-$5500 depending on price of tires, I am thinking I can do 35’s for about $1000-1500cad. The MOPAR kit all in all would probably end up costing me $3500-$4000.

Price wise I am almost covinving myself to go with Mopar because of the cost difference if I source the Mopar kit from eBay rather then from my dealer. Right there I am saying $1000 off the price from my dealer, $1000 savings for waiting a little longer to get the kit from the US.

I am going to check out my dealers Manager’s truck that was just lifted with the mopar kit and see if I like it. I also want to see if he installed it with or without the ORP because according to the parts desk guy the manager’s truck is also a sport model like mine.

I think I am talking myself out of the Readylift, just because I am worried about the CV angles and bushing a CV joint and my warranty to be toasted.

Reaction score
Wow sorry for the story lol... I think too much when I am typing and just type out everything I am running through my head lol. I get carried away!!

Reaction score
I can get the Readylift kit $1200 shipped with taxes to my door or to the nearest ACTION store. That’ a great price and the cheapest options of them all. But only $400 less then the Mopar lift kit. Readylift might be easier for me to install in my driveway then the lift so I might be able to save the $600.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
FWIW here is what the mopar kit + additional 1/2” top hat spacer looks like on stock 22’s/tires 0971938F-50BF-427E-B900-F1A15F8C7B85.jpeg

Reaction score
FWIW here is what the mopar kit + additional 1/2” top hat spacer looks like on stock 22’s/tires View attachment 58579

Looks good, I do notice you have a little bit of a rake still... Do you think that is because of the 1/2 top hat spacer rather than the ORP coil?

I am planning on keeping my stock 20’s (which I am taking for powder coating to black soon)

I seen your pictures with upgraded tires. I like that even more, how much additional lift did you get when you put the new rims/tires on?

I was looking at the steps you have before I got the ones I have. I have Westin R7 steps (7” wide) which I do like because they are wide. I was debating on the steps like you have or the Westin HDX but figured truck sits too low and the steps would even lower.

If I end up lifting the truck, I may change out my steps to these ones that drop down.

I used to have AMP power steps on my lifted 2500, they are nice but also very expensive. They also started to make noises because of the winter crap. Besides I think steps had to the look of the truck.

Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Looks good, I do notice you have a little bit of a rake still... Do you think that is because of the 1/2 top hat spacer rather than the ORP coil?

I am planning on keeping my stock 20’s (which I am taking for powder coating to black soon)

I seen your pictures with upgraded tires. I like that even more, how much additional lift did you get when you put the new rims/tires on?

I was looking at the steps you have before I got the ones I have. I have Westin R7 steps (7” wide) which I do like because they are wide. I was debating on the steps like you have or the Westin HDX but figured truck sits too low and the steps would even lower.

If I end up lifting the truck, I may change out my steps to these ones that drop down.

I used to have AMP power steps on my lifted 2500, they are nice but also very expensive. They also started to make noises because of the winter crap. Besides I think steps had to the look of the truck.
Yeah I have almost an inch of rake. I opted not to do ORP springs.

I couldn’t tell you exactly how much taller the truck is with the bigger tires. The lift alone game me close to 3” in the front and 2” in the back. Tires are 34.6” so guessing 4-5” taller total.

The steps have definitely prevented a few rocks from hitting the side of the truck, I don’t get in gravel often, but the couple times I have I’ve heard the “ding” of gravel hitting the steps

Users who are viewing this thread