5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4” lift with 35” tires on a RAM Rebel

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
Is anyone on here running the BDS 4” lift kit with 35” tires? For those who are, can someone provide the measurements from the found to the fender flare? Wondering what the true increase is over the stock height. Is it a 5” improvement from stock (1” from the larger tire and 4” from the lift)?

thanks for the help.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Is anyone on here running the BDS 4” lift kit with 35” tires? For those who are, can someone provide the measurements from the found to the fender flare? Wondering what the true increase is over the stock height. Is it a 5” improvement from stock (1” from the larger tire and 4” from the lift)?

thanks for the help.
I’m on a 4” lift with 35s but mine isn’t a Rebel, so I would assume your truck would be 1 inch taller than mine. My stock measurements from ground to the bottom of the center of the wheel well was 36.5”F / 39.1” R. After the lift and wheels I’m at 42.75”F / 41 5/8”R (I have a 2” motofab spacer in the rear INSTEAD of the components that come with the 4” lift kit because I wanted the rear lower). So I gained about 4.75” lift in the front + 1.5” lift from tires = 6.25”. So you would most likely be at 7.25” taller in front. Hope that helps

Attachments

• B5257C39-89BF-4432-981B-A7BE2C99A90F.jpeg
    B5257C39-89BF-4432-981B-A7BE2C99A90F.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 28C8C64E-9F74-457B-B63C-F31DBDB071F0.jpeg
    28C8C64E-9F74-457B-B63C-F31DBDB071F0.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 190
Reaction score
I’m on a 4” lift with 35s but mine isn’t a Rebel, so I would assume your truck would be 1 inch taller than mine. My stock measurements from ground to the bottom of the center of the wheel well was 36.5”F / 39.1” R. After the lift and wheels I’m at 42.75”F / 41 5/8”R (I have a 2” motofab spacer in the rear INSTEAD of the components that come with the 4” lift kit because I wanted the rear lower). So I gained about 4.75” lift in the front + 1.5” lift from tires = 6.25”. So you would most likely be at 7.25” taller in front. Hope that helps
Wouldn't it be an inch less, since the Rebel has a factory 1" lift and you would be replacing that with a 4" lift, so effectively it is only raising it 3" over a non rebel model 1500?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be an inch less, since the Rebel has a factory 1" lift and you would be replacing that with a 4" lift, so effectively it is only raising it 3" over a non rebel model 1500?
No because the rebel achieves that with a 1 inch longer strut & shock. The 4” spacer from BDS sits on top of that strut. So naturally if the strut is an inch taller, then the truck will be an inch taller.

Todd1500

Reaction score
No because the rebel achieves that with a 1 inch longer strut & shock. The 4” spacer from BDS sits on top of that strut. So naturally if the strut is an inch taller, then the truck will be an inch taller.
However, I believe the back end only nets 2" on a Rebel or ORP while a stock truck gains 3". The BDS kit replaces the rear springs with springs that are 3" taller than stock, thus only 2" taller than a Rebel/ORP.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
However, I believe the back end only nets 2" on a Rebel or ORP while a stock truck gains 3". The BDS kit replaces the rear springs with springs that are 3" taller than stock, thus only 2" taller than a Rebel/ORP.
Very true! I didn’t think about that. But frankly if you’re only lifting the rear of the truck 2 inches then I can say from experience you don’t need all of the components from the BDS kit. I installed a 2” spacer (because I wanted the front of my truck to be a little higher than the rear), and it rides 100% like stock with none of the other components that come with the BDS kit. Might as well save yourself $500 in parts and $500 in labor and just do the spacer on top of the rebel springs in the rear in my opinion

Reaction score
Very true! I didn’t think about that. But frankly if you’re only lifting the rear of the truck 2 inches then I can say from experience you don’t need all of the components from the BDS kit. I installed a 2” spacer (because I wanted the front of my truck to be a little higher than the rear), and it rides 100% like stock with none of the other components that come with the BDS kit. Might as well save yourself $500 in parts and $500 in labor and just do the spacer on top of the rebel springs in the rear in my opinion
Bet you could fit a 37" under that set up front and rear with a little heat gun work and a proper wheel set up

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I think the Rebel achieves its 1" height by a stiffer spring and likely the 33" tires are also part of that calculation. I'm not sure how a shock/strut can effect height? Unless we are talking about aftermarket adjustable height struts like the 5100 Bilsteins, but the Bilsteins are the Rebel is non-adjustable.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I think the Rebel achieves its 1" height by a stiffer spring and likely the 33" tires are also part of that calculation. I'm not sure how a shock/strut can effect height? Unless we are talking about aftermarket adjustable height struts like the 5100 Bilsteins, but the Bilsteins are the Rebel is non-adjustable.
Nah it has a longer spring and strut. Rebels and Off-road pack trucks have them.

Users who are viewing this thread