5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 2" coilover leveling kit

BigNate

Reaction score
Hi Ram owners I am new here. I have a 2019 ram 1500 big horn. I am looking into the BDS 2" leveling kit priced kinda high but way lower than a king coilover set up. Does anyone on here have this set up and if so what's your opinions? Thanks

Attachments

• 20201109_182513.jpg
    20201109_182513.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 53

ironking

Reaction score
I have a set of lightly used Icon coil overs for sale if you’re interested. They would level you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
It's priced lower than a King setup cause the rear shocks are Fox 2.0 instead of Fox 2.5, so that right there is $1000 less.
Seems a very nice approach though for those who don't need/want the brackets that go with a 6" lift but want a basic turn key option /performance entry package. Ask BDS if they'll offer a 2.5 rear shock option. It's all good until you have to follow another RAM Truck equipped with Fox 2.5's all around in the dirt. The difference in running the setup hard is day and night. 2.5's will leave 2.0's in the dust, just like 3.0's will do with 2.5's :)

I like it though, just another performance choice for you guys market, super cool stuff. This BDS kit is kind of like the concept that Icon did with their Stage 2 except in this case BDS is giving you a set of performance UCA's in the kit, and you get reservoirs in the front. Icon doesn't include front reservoirs in the RAM kits. Will never understand why...

Edited: never mind you can get the matching 2.5 rear shocks from Fox, so i'd think BDS should prob offer it.
Fox 2.5 rear shocks for the DT truck, 883-26-079

Last edited:

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I have the BDS kit with Fox 2.5 coilovers and Fox 2.0 rear shocks, with the BDS UCA. Is that what you’re looking at? It’s pricey but ohhh so worth it. 1E091516-79F3-40A3-9D0F-1CC27825356B.jpeg 0EF7A5FC-F122-429C-9F00-038CACBB58B1.jpeg

BigNate

Reaction score
It's priced lower than a King setup cause the rear shocks are Fox 2.0 instead of Fox 2.5, so that right there is $1000 less.
Seems a very nice approach though for those who don't need/want the brackets that go with a 6" lift but want a basic turn key option /performance entry package. Ask BDS if they'll offer a 2.5 rear shock option. It's all good until you have to follow another RAM Truck equipped with Fox 2.5's all around in the dirt. The difference in running the setup hard is day and night. 2.5's will leave 2.0's in the dust, just like 3.0's will do with 2.5's :)

I like it though, just another performance choice for you guys market, super cool stuff. This BDS kit is kind of like the concept that Icon did with their Stage 2 except in this case BDS is giving you a set of performance UCA's in the kit, and you get reservoirs in the front. Icon doesn't include front reservoirs in the RAM kits. Will never understand why...

Edited: never mind you can get the matching 2.5 rear shocks from Fox, so i'd think BDS should prob offer it.
Fox 2.5 rear shocks for the DT truck, 883-26-079
Thanks for the awesome response and info! I am going to pull the trigger on the BDS coilover setup and then get my tire/wheel package as well. Shortly after that depending on how my ram looks I may consider wrapping the chrome bumpers and a American Flag wrap as well!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread