5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BCM connector type?

epikos

Reaction score
I’m installing the Mopar wireless charging pad in my center console of my 2021 Bighorn and when disconnecting plug E/C5 on the BCM (https://infotainment.com/cdn/uploads/4545744601124_1.pdf step 36) I think I broke the retaining clip that holds the plug into the BCM. The grey retention arm doesn’t snap down into the locked position. It lowers but doesn’t latch.

My question is does anyone know the name/model number of that connector housing on the end of the wire harness? I’d like to order a new one and move the cable over to an undamaged connector.

If anyone comes across this, here are the Aptiv/Delphi part numbers:
C1 - 13850155
C4 - 13850156
C5 - 13850164
C6 - 13850165
C7 - 13687849

I just bought C5 on Mouser for about $12 shipped. Hope this helps someone in the future!

Thanks, epikos. I am curious what your experience, and others are with the Qi charger.

The reason I ask is I just took a long road trip in my new 1500 with a factory installed Qi charger.

(Wish it had the passenger side charger too.)

The iPhone charge didn’t go up, but it didn’t really go down either, just steady state the whole way - 6 hour trip.

I tried the house plug and a plug in charger - that set-up kept up and then some. I could gain battery life using the 110.

There are probably a lot of factors here, like Car play, maps, music, and other services that are harassing the phone.

So I'm on an iPhone 15 Pro and have had a similar experience. The charger will maintain the phone, but won't charge the phone.

At first I thought it was just too low of a powered charger. Especially after seeing the gauge wire the instructions say to tap into to pick up 12v. But I found a picture online of the inductive pad and it states it's a 15 watt charger. Seems like it should be enough even when running wireless CarPlay.

My phone case is an Otterbox and has a small 1-2mm lip all the way around the rear such that the back of the phone and case do not directly touch the inductive pad. As a test I just got a new phone case that is perfectly flat on back. I'm going to try that out this week and see if the phone charges any more, or heats any less. But right now I feel like the charger wasn't worth the expense. That said, I spliced into both the BCM and PDC and learned many new curse words while disassembling the center console. So that wireless charger lives in the truck forever now.

If I can things to a point where the phone will trickle charge over the course of a 90 minute commute and doesn't heat excessively then I'll probably use it moving forward. Otherwise I'm going back to USB charging.

On another note, I am using wireless CarPlay. I have not tried disabling that or putting the phone into airplane mode to see if the state of charge increases. It could be that the inductive paid is too inefficient, or it could be that wireless CarPlay sucks back just exactly the same amount of charge being supplied by the truck.

I have a magbak case w/ magnet and I also tried naked. I am on a 14 Pro. At one point, the phone was hot as hell.

I am reading non-MagSafe wireless charging is capped at 7.5W for my phone but MagSafe utilizes the whole 15W.

Might need a hack to replace the Qi wireless with Apples MagSafe?

I’ll keep testing too and let you know what I find out.

Good call about the non-Magsafe bit! I did some digging and here's what I found.
  • Qi Standard: Starting from iPhone 8 series and onwards, all models support Qi wireless charging, including the entire iPhone X, XR, XS, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 series, as well as the iPhone SE (2nd/3rd generation).
  • MagSafe Standard: The iPhone 12, 13, 14, and 15 series support MagSafe wireless charging.
  • Qi2 Standard: The latest iPhone 15 family supports the new Qi2 standard.
The mopar inductive pad has LG Electronics part number: WCFCM00N105
The submittal to the FCC states this LG inductive pad supports "Wireless Power Consortium (Qi) Specification 1.2"

Wikipedia says Qi 1.2 supports up to 15 watts if the device uses the extended power profile which requires a specific Qualcomm chipset:

I'm betting an android would charge at 15 watts. But since the charger in our trucks is neither MagSafe certified nor Qi2, we're getting 5 watts. And I bet that any sort of activity on the phone like wireless CarPlay or streaming music puts us right around 5 watts of power consumption, resulting in net-zero rate of charge. It also explains why my Anker desk wireless charger is so much faster. It's a 15 watt charger and MagSafe certified as well.

I've played with the positioning on the wireless pad to see if the heating is any less, but any time I move the phone right or left the LED on the charger flashes red. So I think I have the positioning about as good as it can get. I'll be curious to find out about the heating when I commute with the new phone case.

You go Sherlock! Even if we are stuck with 5W for now, I can live with it. Super convenient to slide the phone in and go.

Will update if I learn about a hack.

Please take the above with a large grain of salt. The more I dig, the more confusing this all gets.

I've found no less than 3 separate part numbers which Mopar all say fit my 2021. And within those Mopar part numbers are 4 or more OEM part numbers from LG, Panasonic, and BE HVS. And it looks like the 2025 has an even different charger cause they're advertising two phones being charged simultaneously in the 2025 marketing photos. Even within the WCFCM00N105 part number I mentioned up top, LG says Qi 1.2, and the Wireless Power Consortium database says 1.2.4 with EPP.

I wish I'd taken a photo of the inductive pad that I installed into my truck. I might have to pull the console apart later this month just to satisfy my own personal curiosity. 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back