5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBK shorty headers.

JeffG1

Reaction score
So I had the dreaded Hemi Tick. I wanted it gone. So I ordered BBK shorty headers for 700 dollars. I paid speedy muffler 2300 dollars to install them. And paid 1100 dollars for a rental car while I waited 11 days to get my truck back. Only to have that dam ticking return, and now my engine light is on GRRRRR..

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I had the dreaded Hemi Tick. I wanted it gone. So I ordered BBK shorty headers for 700 dollars. I paid speedy muffler 2300 dollars to install them. And paid 1100 dollars for a rental car while I waited 11 days to get my truck back. Only to have that dam ticking return, and now my engine light is on GRRRRR..
$2300 to install headers? And what type of car did you rent for one day that was $1100? Cause it shouldn't have taken more than a day to install them.

Sounds like the shop took you for a ride and milked you for money

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$2300 to install headers? And what type of car did you rent for one day that was $1100? Cause it shouldn't have taken more than a day to install them.

Sounds like the shop took you for a ride and milked you for money
i think he got happy with the 0's maybe $230 and $110 lol

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
He also said it took 11 (ELEVEN) days to get his truck back, hence $1100 for rental. But either way, I'm no vehicle Guru, but how would headers eliminate the Hemi tick?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing the OP got right is probably the price he paid for the shortys. Otherwise Seems like the rest of his rant is just wrong.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

A tick with an engine light could be a sign of lifter failure. I'd stop driving it and confirm that the check engine light does not refer to misfires, if it does then your cam lobe is already worn down and you might have shavings in your engine that you're spreading around.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A tick with an engine light could be a sign of lifter failure. I'd stop driving it and confirm that the check engine light does not refer to misfires, if it does then your cam lobe is already worn down and you might have shavings in your engine that you're spreading around.
Yep, I helped a local friend out with his 4th gen. He said the truck was running rough and bought new spark plugs. Helped him change the spark plugs. I haven't heard it run before. After we got all the sparkplugs replaced, he started it up and definitely didn't sound good. He also has a misfire check engine light. Used a long screwdriver and could hear the knocking coming from deep in valve train area. He lost two lifters and cam was shot. Had to get a whole new engine.

Users who are viewing this thread