5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

Sergio@1984

Reaction score
ram etorque battery replacement need to be programmed? Or need to take to dealership

ImEngineer

Reaction score
I think he is talking about the etorque battery. Personally, I would not mess with that battery and would take it to the dealer.

It's a lithium battery which requires a bit more care when handling and working on it, otherwise it potentially poses a fire risk INSIDE THE CAB. I just saw a post on another forum today of a Ram's etorque battery that caught fire and completely burnt down the truck. The driver said he only had a few seconds while driving down the highway before the cab was completely filled with smoke and the truck was a total loss.

Sergio@1984

Reaction score
I think he is talking about the etorque battery. Personally, I would not mess with that battery and would take it to the dealer.

It's a lithium battery which requires a bit more care when handling and working on it, otherwise it potentially poses a fire risk INSIDE THE CAB. I just saw a post on another forum today of a Ram's etorque battery that caught fire and completely burnt down the truck. The driver said he only had a few seconds while driving down the highway before the cab was completely filled with smoke and the truck was a total loss.
Thanks ! All ready take to the dealer and costs 4K or 5k for replacement

Ramerod24

Reaction score
I personally plan on disabling the start/stop feature permanently. Can the truck start and run without the eTorque battery?

Once out of warranty I could care less about it and just remove the battery if possible.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I personally plan on disabling the start/stop feature permanently. Can the truck start and run without the eTorque battery?

Once out of warranty I could care less about it and just remove the battery if possible.
don't believe it is possible

might have to remove the generator and put in an alternator

ImEngineer

Reaction score
don't believe it is possible

might have to remove the generator and put in an alternator
It is certainly possible to remove the etorque battery, but you would definitely need to know what you're doing. I don't claim to know what I am doing in this space, so I won't even speculate on how it is done.

Sergio@1984

Reaction score

That's what I plan to do at the moment.

smashweights

Reaction score
I would be shocked if you could just remove the ET battery and have a functional vehicle. You would have no circuit for power to get from the generator to the 12v so you'd be running off the 12v until it dies. Even if the ET barely holds a charge to allow much start/stop you should still be able to run the truck as it goes.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

It's just a battery, for someone who's name is "ImEngineer" you are pretty scared of basic tech.
You realize people replace full battery cells and packs in Hybrids too?
Just need to be careful.

That said I do now know if the new battery needs to be paired with the truck as it's too new and I haven't seen a single person do it themselves yet.
Only thing I could think is if someone can acquire the instructions and see if it says the HCP needs to be re-calibrated.

Sergio@1984

Reaction score
would be shocked if you could just remove the ET battery and have a functional vehicle. You would have no circuit for power to get from the generator to the 12v so you'd be running off the 12v until it dies. Even if the ET barely holds a charge to allow much start/stop you should still be able to run the truck as it goes.
I would be shocked if you could just remove the ET battery and have a functional vehicle. You would have no circuit for power to get from the generator to the 12v so you'd be running off the 12v until it dies. Even if the ET barely holds a charge to allow much start/stop you should still be able to run the truck as it goes.
What I think is to turn off the (A) button and always have the car turned on and without turning on the car with the remote control
It's just a battery, for someone who's name is "ImEngineer" you are pretty scared of basic tech.
You realize people replace full battery cells and packs in Hybrids too?
Just need to be careful.

That said I do now know if the new battery needs to be paired with the truck as it's too new and I haven't seen a single person do it themselves yet.
Only thing I could think is if someone can acquire the instructions and see if it says the HCP needs to be re-calibrated.
Is this me cuestión.needs to be re-calibrated or not ? Because am see E-torque hybrid battery in eBay for 1k and me cuestión is all need is buy a battery plug and play?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
THIS!

Users who are viewing this thread