5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Tender Recommendations

hughey79

Reaction score
Currently my truck is sitting a lot more as the wife and I are car pooling in the Durango to work. Since this is the case I have been keeping the truck on a trickle charger to maintain the battery (it is sitting for weeks at a time). Hey is saves miles. I know I know.
Anyway. Currently using a Schumaker I have had for about ten or so years. It works but it is randomly stopping and flashing yellow instead of maintaining.
What brands and types would you recommend. Hoping to spend less than $40.
Battery Tender.. which model? Another schumaker.. model? Or any other good ones?
Thanks all.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been using the battery tender Jr for 3 years now on my mustang Convertible that will sit a month at times. Wasn't expecting much for the size and price but it's been working great with no issues.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I have a trickle charger/tender that I've been using steadily on my Allante since 2012. I purchased it at Harbour Freight for under $5.00 with a coupon, and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever. They are still under $5.00.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I have a trickle charger/tender that I've been using steadily on my Allante since 2012. I purchased it at Harbour Freight for under $5.00 with a coupon, and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever. They are still under $5.00.

I have one of those too, but I never leave it plugged in "unmonitored". I use it on my garden tractors and stuff like that if I'm working in the garage, but not a $50,000 vehicle. I just don't trust a $4 battery charger. Battery Tender Jr is like $30.

hunter1234

Reaction score
I have a battery minder, a model 2012 . Basically I use it for a boat battery, plugged in all winter, it does the trickle, slow charge, disulfate (something like that) and monitors the temperature. Definitely a more expensive one but I needed it for all my batteries (truck, car, tractor, boat) and it was one that could do the AGM/Deep cell batteries as well as the regular batteries. About the only thing it could not do or was not recommended for would be the spiral/high performance batteries (AGM/Gel) - Odyssey sp?. My only advice would be to research what batteries they recommend for the charger - I was surprised by the variations. I have used it for a few years left on all year when the battery is not is use - sometimes for 6 months straight and have never had an issue.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Just started using the NOCO GENIUS2D (Direct-Mount Onboard Charger, 12V Battery Charger, Battery Maintainer, Trickle Charger, and Battery Desulfator). Thus far it works great. As I'm primarily working 100% remote now, my Ram will sit for many days w/o driving it and simply remote starting & running for a few minutes does not fully recharge the battery, especially during MI winters.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a style that is better to run over another for a truck sitting in the driveway as opposed to the garage (thinking hood down and closed). I'm only planning on driving mine once a week or so.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I have been using the Battery Tender Power Plus 3 amp for 3 years now. I have a cabriolet that sits all winter and this will charge it and maintain it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I chose to go with the Granite Digital Charger, Maintainer, Cleaner & Tester - 50 Watt (6 & 12 Volt).

1. It is 50 Watts so it will charge the battery quickly
  2. Uses a pulsing technology to desulfate the battery
  3. Low Voltage Monitor with audible Alarm
Granite-Digital_Batter_Saver1.png

Gipraw

Reaction score
I have five NOCO units running at my shop .. never an issue with any of them. They can handle AGM or wet cell.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
I have 2 battery tender plus that I've been using for the last 16 years on streetbikes, track bikes, and my 65 mustang that sits all winter in the garage. They've worked great this whole time.

Nova90

Reaction score
Been using 2 Battery Tender Plus for years without a single issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online