5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Tender for E-torque

nice, so your state of charge is above 60% and also see the amps flow back to the 48v. what app is that? I have a cheapie car scanner pro app on android and doesnt show that level of charging into the system, or I havent figured it out yet, just overall SOC of hybrid. I'll monitor and see what happens, overall still working and having to tend the 12v once a week if I dont drive it and see it drop to 12.3 or so. Longer term, hybrid battery degradation concern, or force myself to drive more.

nice, so your state of charge is above 60% and also see the amps flow back to the 48v. what app is that? I have a cheapie car scanner pro app on android and doesnt show that level of charging into the system, or I havent figured it out yet, just overall SOC of hybrid. I'll monitor and see what happens, overall still working and having to tend the 12v once a week if I dont drive it and see it drop to 12.3 or so. Longer term, hybrid battery degradation concern, or force myself to drive more.
and to put it out, I replaced the factory 12v battery 1.5 years ago and have an H8 AGM duralast platinum. Unfortunately out of the blue more than a month ago it got drained for no known reason in the driveway, down to 5v. 1st symptoms were 1 horn on remote start a few times over a week, got in truck and push button started it each time. Then few days later, nothing either way. Down to 5v dead, took it out, had it charged at autozone who reported good battery just drained. Ever since, few months now, notice drain from 12.6+ full charge on trickle to 12.3 after a couple days no drive. Keep on trickling every few days to keep it up and feel either battery went too low and degraded, or parasitic drain but slow, or normal Anyway, MGU still seems to be doing its job to the 12v by 13.7-14.3 when running around. Feel the hybrid SOC is going down instead of up on longer drives

and to put it out, I replaced the factory 12v battery 1.5 years ago and have an H8 AGM duralast platinum. Unfortunately out of the blue more than a month ago it got drained for no known reason in the driveway, down to 5v. 1st symptoms were 1 horn on remote start a few times over a week, got in truck and push button started it each time. Then few days later, nothing either way. Down to 5v dead, took it out, had it charged at autozone who reported good battery just drained. Ever since, few months now, notice drain from 12.6+ full charge on trickle to 12.3 after a couple days no drive. Keep on trickling every few days to keep it up and feel either battery went too low and degraded, or parasitic drain but slow, or normal Anyway, MGU still seems to be doing its job to the 12v by 13.7-14.3 when running around. Feel the hybrid SOC is going down instead of up on longer drives

It's jscan for iPhones. Alfaodb is the equivalent for android devices. I use an OBDLink mx+ that I've had for several years. Great device.

I'd say you may have a bad 12v tbh. Unfortunately I want to say I've read reports of the AGMs testing "good" but not being legitimate.

I'll have to test it on a road trip. I'm still not sure what it's actually doing. Need more data points to get a feel for the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back