5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery maintenance question

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I know this thread is a couple months old. But hopefully you will see this.

I was under the impression the power ports on these trucks were all keyed. I know the one on the dash of my truck in that little tray area turns off after I shut the truck off because thats where I plug in my dash cam.

Is there another in the truck that is direct to the battery??? (My old 2006 Jeep Wrangler had one of each. They were labeled which made it great.) I have a solar panel with cig lighter plug on it I got from a volkswagen dealer years ago. They put them in some vehicles that are shipped to the US. A buddy was a salesman at a VW dealer and he got me one for cheap. It is branded as a VW part. I thought of using it but like I said, thought they were all keyed and not direct to battery.
You just move a fuse to get constant battery to the 12V outlet. It's in the owner's manual but the picture is bad. But they use a two pin fuse in a three pin slot. To one side is B+, the center is to the plug, and the last one is switched. So just move it over one.

t76turbo

Reaction score
You just move a fuse to get constant battery to the 12V outlet. It's in the owner's manual but the picture is bad. But they use a two pin fuse in a three pin slot. To one side is B+, the center is to the plug, and the last one is switched. So just move it over one.

Cool.... Thanks both of you. I will read the manual and find it. I appreciate it! Happy New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread