5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery light and horn issues

thomasshawn

Reaction score
2022 ram 1500 limited .

Yesterday I noticed when I locked my truck it didn't chirp the horn like normal. Went into the settings, it was set to chirp on 2nd button push. Changed it to off, then to first push. Still didn't work. Said setting not saved. Changed it to 2nd push. It worked .

Today, I'm driving to work. Stop to deliver something on the eay. Pulled up to a keypad. As I Went punch in a code I had to open my door to reach the pad. Truck alerts me of need to restart as it does not just start/stop.

When I went to restart it acted like low battery and took 3 or 4 seconds to start. After that it was fine.

Drove another 20mins to work.as I'm sitting at light waiting to turn (when start stop would normally activate) I got a red battery light on my dashboard.

Truck running fine. As I drove away, light goes out then comes back on. I turned off the vehicle. Restarted and it started right up. Now says start stop not available?

Seems like maybe start stop battery has an issue? Wonder if it's related to my horn chirp also not working?

Battery on the info screen shows 14.1 volts

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Please include the year, model, and engine type when making a thread like this. Or, even better, just list your truck details in your signature, like many of us do.

The first thing I would suspect, given what you described, is the battery. Low voltage can make the truck act weird. At the very least have the battery thoroughly tested. There have been documented issues with OEM batteries, especially on earlier model year 5th gens.

thomasshawn

Reaction score
Please include the year, model, and engine type when making a thread like this. Or, even better, just list your truck details in your signature, like many of us do.

The first thing I would suspect, given what you described, is the battery. Low voltage can make the truck act weird. At the very least have the battery thoroughly tested. There have been documented issues with OEM batteries, especially on earlier model year 5th gens.
I have a high quality battery tester at home can check when I get home. but seems more like start stop battery than the primary. But maybe not.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could be right. There have been issues with the 48v battery as well, although not nearly as many. You'll probably want to have a dealer take a look at this. I doubt your home battery tester will be able to do anything with the 48v etorque battery.

Users who are viewing this thread