5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery died, Uconnect is not working

JavaLatte

Reaction score
Dear Folks,

I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel. I did not drive the truck for 2 weeks and I had dash camera in the vehicle. The battery was drained, and I had to buy a new battery and change it.

After changed the new battery on Thursday, the truck turned on fine and driving fine.
But the center console screen, the Uconnect along with all the functionalities are not working such as Radio, Backup Camera, Apple Car Play with Audio, etc. NOT WORKING!!!!

So, my friend said let it sit for 24 hours. I changed the new battery on Thursday and I was out of town for the weekend and come back on Monday. It is more than 24 hours and the center console screen is not on!

I checked fuses (F44) under the wheel, it was fine.
I disconnected the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes and then reconnect the battery, still not working (disconnect negative then positive, reconnect positive then negative. )

Some people said it was radio entered the safe mode and needs factory reset.

What should I do? Should I buy a OBD to figure out the error?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a few starts for everything to work, or mine did when they did my manifold and disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread