5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bass-like humming coming from speakers when reaching higher RPMs

may16tray

Reaction score
2019 BIGHORN/LONESTAR 5.7L (6 Speaker) w/o Apline System

Replaced my door speakers with 4-ohm Pioneer 6x9s and Metra 72-6514 wiring harnesses. Now im getting a loud-deep tone that matches the tone of my engine when reaching higher RPMs. Has anyone had this issue when only replacing the speakers? or what do ya'll think it can be?
Thanks

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You need to disable active noise cancelation (ANC). This can be done with a bypass harness or de-pinning/cutting 4 wires. I'd go with the bypass harness

1000005260.jpg

may16tray

Reaction score
Oh wow. Did you have the same issue? I’ve been searching everywhere for this issue. It was driving me nuts

rick619

Reaction score
You need to disable active noise cancelation (ANC). This can be done with a bypass harness or de-pinning/cutting 4 wires. I'd go with the bypass harness

View attachment 182830

Agree with this. I've been reading up on replacing the speakers, adding an amp and DSP. Many recommend adding this module or it will have strange issues like this.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 182830
Yeah, probably ANC. When you change speakers, it alters efficiency and/or phase of the sound, and if it's outside the range the system is designed to handle, you can get oscillation or over-compensation. I disabled mine just on principle, haven't even done anything to the speakers, but did get rid of some odd sounds and an oppressive feel in the cab.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh wow. Did you have the same issue? I’ve been searching everywhere for this issue. It was driving me nuts
I didn't replace speakers but mine was making strange noises

Users who are viewing this thread