5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bass Issue 22 Ram Laramie

OSoOneShot

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here but have an issue. I got into my laramie with the 19 speaker hk system and the bass just didn't sound the same and I actually had to turn my volume up way louder then normal just to hear it. I noticed some older threads about this issue but don't know if this would be the same fix or different. Has anyone else encountered this on the newer models and have any fixes for it? Or will I have to take the dreaded trip to the dealer.

Thanks in advance

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie with HK and don’t use the amount of bass it’s capable of producing. My personal preference in the music I listen to. I did like the HK system better than the standard offering when I listened to both through usb prior to ordering. BUT, I’m 71 and can hear the base in a the car next to me at a stop sign driven by a 25yr old.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie with HK and don’t use the amount of bass it’s capable of producing. My personal preference in the music I listen to. I did like the HK system better than the standard offering when I listened to both through usb prior to ordering. BUT, I’m 71 and can hear the base in a the car next to me at a stop sign driven by a 25yr old.
I'm the same way. I'm 64, and with hearing loss over the years, all I hear is the bass. I set my radio to midway on bass, and turn up the treble and midrange. True quality stereos have improved highs, any stereo can thump, and rattle with subs.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
My '19 had to have a software update outlined in an TSB to increase the power output of the stock amp because the system sounded so weak from the factory. After the update it was night and day difference, but I would be surprised if they didn't get it figured out by the 22 MY...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online