5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bash / Skid Plates

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any CAD files for bash plates / skid plates for a Ram 1500 Limited.

I want to make some as not a lot of options in Australia however don't have time to measure up and draw.

Or any pics of good setups?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol …. “ Bash Plates” …. You Aussies are the best …. G’day mate, and Fosters …. Just wish it wasn’t such a damn long flight …. I’d luv to visit !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
Lol …. “ Bash Plates” …. You Aussies are the best …. G’day mate, and Fosters …. Just wish it wasn’t such a damn long flight …. I’d luv to visit !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well we more bash them than skid them

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm thinking no one has done this because there are factory skid plates available. Other than on the Rebel and TRX there is no front skid plate because the front bumper isn't designed for that. If you add a skid plate and attach it to the front bumper, the bumper will fold under the first time the skid plate contacts something. There are aftermarket bumpers with skid plates available here in the US. Not sure that will help you where you live though.

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
I'm thinking no one has done this because there are factory skid plates available. Other than on the Rebel and TRX there is no front skid plate because the front bumper isn't designed for that. If you add a skid plate and attach it to the front bumper, the bumper will fold under the first time the skid plate contacts something. There are aftermarket bumpers with skid plates available here in the US. Not sure that will help you where you live though.
Yeah I realise if connected to bumper it will be no good, plenty of other mounting spots available.

Decided to just draw up my own, will have something soon.

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
1649717163786.png

Currently drawing something up for a 1500 Limited with Air Ride and no front airdam, will pickup supports from where airdam was, wont touch front bumper to save on any damage and covers most of the underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread