5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

base speaker upgrade

FloridaRamJax

Reaction score
I have replaced the 2 3.5" dash speakers with Kickers and love the sound, however I have lost bass from the system. I think I need to install bass blockers to the dash speakers but I have a question. If I move forward and upgrade the door speakers will I get my bass back or would I still need to install bass blockers?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have replaced the 2 3.5" dash speakers with Kickers and love the sound, however I have lost bass from the system. I think I need to install bass blockers to the dash speakers but I have a question. If I move forward and upgrade the door speakers will I get my bass back or would I still need to install bass blockers?
It happens with these AM speakers... You lose some of the richness in the sound, especially in your system(full range dash speakers). these Kickers are not designed to give full-range. You better put some bass blockers so your new dash speakers won't be dead in a month... I think changing the door speakers will give you some more thumping, just make sure to leave the "High(Tweeter)-Boost" buttons on them Kickers off, it gets pretty obnoxious and unpleasant with so much highs and no mids...

Users who are viewing this thread