5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Base 6-Speaker Audio: What to do with the empty center speaker?

RhodyRam

Reaction score
Howdy.
I'm wanting to collect together ideas for what to put in the empty space within the center grill on the dash for those of us with the base 6 speaker audio packages. I've been staring at it every day trying to come up with another functionality besides a speaker as I'm not interested in a center channel.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy.
I'm wanting to collect to gather ideas for what to put in the empty space within the center grill on the dash for those of us with the base 6 speaker audio packages. I've been staring at it every day trying to come up with another functionality besides a speaker as I'm not interested in a center channel.

Thoughts?
Following

Rich

Reaction score
I don't think the 6 speaker audio system has any output for a center channel.

You don't want to simply combine the L+R and drive the center channel, as then you would simply have a mono output there. I doubt it would sound great, and would mess up your soundstage.

I haven't searched to see if there are any audio processors that are automotive grade (and priced) that could do this for you.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as adding a speaker there and connecting two wires.

Users who are viewing this thread