5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barricade Pinnacle 4-Inch Oval Bent End Side Step Bars Are Noisy!

Oba97

Reaction score
Anyone else have these. I like the way they look, but man are they loud when you drive through puddles or slushy snow. I assume the tires are kicking up the water/snow. I added Husky mud flaps thinking they would take care of the issue, but they didn’t.

Any ideas how to prevent the noise?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have these. I like the way they look, but man are they loud when you drive through puddles or slushy snow. I assume the tires are kicking up the water/snow. I added Husky mud flaps thinking they would take care of the issue, but they didn’t.

Any ideas how to prevent the noise?
Share a few pics of them…maybe we can help with a little more info…

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 4 inch Barricade ovals. No noise issues so I'm curious. Mine bend under and mount to the body bolts as well as the factory installed studs.

These are mine...

Screenshot_20240222_183034_DuckDuckGo.jpg

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I now see the difference in the Pinnacle. Mine actually bend all the way in and tuck under the truck. The Pinnacles don't but not sure why yours are noisy.

Hope you figure it out.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure either. What sound exactly do they make? Is it like pebbles hitting a fence post?

Oba97

Reaction score
I’m not sure how best to describe it… I guess like spraying a hose on sheet metal?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ohhh. I can hear that. Lol. Maybe they are made with thin walled material? Do they flex at all and sound cheap when you kick them with a boot?

Oba97

Reaction score
No, they feel quite solid. I haven’t tried kicking them. I’ll try that tomorrow.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Westin nerf bars are loud like that in certain slush or water situations - I assume it is just the sound of the slush on a hollow metal tube and accept it as normal

Users who are viewing this thread