5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Pedal Monster Install

n7qpp

Reaction score
Yes I know the standard answer is to disconnect the battery anytime you are working with the electrical system. However I see many posts where folks seem to have problems with their truck after disconnecting the battery. So I am just too paranoid or just follow standard practice and disconnect the battery.

Thanks for your input.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Open your driver door and walk away for 15-30 minutes. Come back WITHOUT your key fob and do the install.

If you disconnect your battery and have problems your truck is messed up. Having your battery die on you will cause problems, disconnecting it yourself should be 0 problems.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I know the standard answer is to disconnect the battery anytime you are working with the electrical system. However I see many posts where folks seem to have problems with their truck after disconnecting the battery. So I am just too paranoid or just follow standard practice and disconnect the battery.

Thanks for your input.
Not sure what you mean by people having issues with disconnecting their battery. I assume you mean the fact that it takes a long time for everything to sync back up which isn't an issue just an annoyance.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thanks for your input.

The OEM battery died in my truck last spring. I got a jump and all was fine. Replaced the battery the next day with a new battery and started the truck with no loss of features or any other issue. I later disconnected the battery to install a new battery blanket for the larger battery, again, not a single feature was lost and no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/