5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks pedal monster experience

skyhawk42

Reaction score
So a while back I had a scary incident with a pedal commander where I lost use of the accelerator in a construction zone during rush hour. That w as enough that I felt I couldn’t trust it in my vehicle anymore and after posting about my experience with it it lead to me reading about many others with the same issue. While I liked the effect it had, the risk could not justify my using it again. That’s when I spoke with Jay from Banks and he told me about the safeguards that banks puts into their pedalmonster. From a fail safe that prevents you from losing the ability to use your accelerator, to the technology to detect when you are in reverse and automatically take the added responsiveness to a stock level. It also doesn’t pull power from the 5v accelerator pedal like most others do. The Banks product was well engineered and made me feel comfortable putting it in my vehicle. I now have it installed and on top of a fun upgrade, I feel it has better control and for sure feel better about its reliability. Anyone wanting this type of upgrade needs to look into Banks pedalmonster. They are the only ones that offer the extra safety features and I’ll be the first to say after a bad experience with the other brand, this alone makes it worth it.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So a while back I had a scary incident with a pedal commander where I lost use of the accelerator in a construction zone during rush hour. That w as enough that I felt I couldn’t trust it in my vehicle anymore and after posting about my experience with it it lead to me reading about many others with the same issue. While I liked the effect it had, the risk could not justify my using it again. That’s when I spoke with Jay from Banks and he told me about the safeguards that banks puts into their pedalmonster. From a fail safe that prevents you from losing the ability to use your accelerator, to the technology to detect when you are in reverse and automatically take the added responsiveness to a stock level. It also doesn’t pull power from the 5v accelerator pedal like most others do. The Banks product was well engineered and made me feel comfortable putting it in my vehicle. I now have it installed and on top of a fun upgrade, I feel it has better control and for sure feel better about its reliability. Anyone wanting this type of upgrade needs to look into Banks pedalmonster. They are the only ones that offer the extra safety features and I’ll be the first to say after a bad experience with the other brand, this alone makes it worth it.

The Pulsar is the only other one I'm aware of that doesn't rely on the pedal circuit to power itself.

walleyecrazy

Reaction score
The pedal monster was one of the first additions to my Ram, and I love it. I have had zero issues with it, and the app for it works just as well as the device itself.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had both the PC and the PM. I liked the PC for ease of removal when visiting a dealership. But have switched to the PM now that the warranty has expired. I like how the the PM works more than the PC as well. It just feels a little more proportional to me. Since both cost about the same it's probably more a matter of marketing as to why people choose the PC over the PM. Now that I know I'll never recommend a PC to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread