5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bang noise cold start

Chicoman1

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 has a loud bang at cold start. I know it’s not normal it’s been that way for about 2 1/2 years and counting it doesn’t always do it. It can be annoying and disappointing knowing you paid thousands of dollars for the truck, and the dealership has no way of fixing it. My truck has less than 26 thousand miles. It also has a humming noise when driving at different speeds.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try removing your foot from the brake pedal right when the engine starts. The hum at different speeds could be the active noise canceling system malfunctioning. I've had both problems. My ANC is bypassed which eliminated the humming and haven't heard the start up noise in a couple years since removing my foot while starting

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
agreed - sounds like maybe you are keeping your foot in the break a little too long through startup. I was experiencing the same thing until I figured that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/