5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balance problem

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else having balance problems. Taking my 19 ram Laramie 20” Bridgestone tires sport rims with inserts in again. Truck now has 3300 miles this will be the 4th time tires have been balance, including the factory balance. After driving a few hundred miles the truck is out of balance. Truck has never been off road or hitting big bumps. Someone told me the rims don’t pair with the tires and the tires are slipping on the rims. I’ve already created a case with ram. I’m going to ask for new rims / tires. This is complete bs! A new $63,000 truck that’s always out of balance they need to figure it out and fix it that’s all im asking.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say at this point, you need to go for a ride with the tech. So you both are after the correct issue.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say at this point, you need to go for a ride with the tech. So you both are after the correct issue.
They tell me it’s out of balance every time. After purchased, Drove it back home 1000 miles from dealership. Took it in shortly after and every tire was off 1 1/4 - over 2oz off

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 18,000 miles with the Bridgestones and haven't really had a problem. I will say though that at tire pressures of 36 and below you can feel a vibration (like balance problem) between 50 to 50 MPH. I keep my tires cold inflated to 38 psi (they warm up to around 41 psi). At 38 PSI, my Bridgestones seem to ride a lot better. I still believe that these trucks may be a little heavy for passenger rated tires.

Brain h

Reaction score
I'm at 18,000 miles with the Bridgestones and haven't really had a problem. I will say though that at tire pressures of 36 and below you can feel a vibration (like balance problem) between 50 to 50 MPH. I keep my tires cold inflated to 38 psi (they warm up to around 41 psi). At 38 PSI, my Bridgestones seem to ride a lot better. I still believe that these trucks may be a little heavy for passenger rated tires.
Torque converter or pinion angle I believe

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else having balance problems. Taking my 19 ram Laramie 20” Bridgestone tires sport rims with inserts in again. Truck now has 3300 miles this will be the 4th time tires have been balance, including the factory balance. After driving a few hundred miles the truck is out of balance. Truck has never been off road or hitting big bumps. Someone told me the rims don’t pair with the tires and the tires are slipping on the rims. I’ve already created a case with ram. I’m going to ask for new rims / tires. This is complete bs! A new $63,000 truck that’s always out of balance they need to figure it out and fix it that’s all im asking.
Rack and pinion bad from factory, parts are ordered to be installed next week. After 4 trips to dealer and 4 tire balances in 3800 miles I think they figured it out. They tried new tires and rims, still had the vibration. Now I have worn tires on the edges

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/