5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BakFlip with Cargo Management System?

Philth

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the clamps for the BakFlip will fit with the Mopar Cargo Management System rails installed?

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 48

2001gw

Reaction score
I have the BackFlip. I have a 2021 Limited with cargo rails. It works fine. But, If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't get the BackFlip.

2001gw

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long for this reply. If I had it to do over I would get the "Revolver". It cost more but after seeing it on a friends truck and how simple it was to open and close I wished I had gotten that instead.

Maybe this wouldn't be an issue for you, but, I'm 78 years old and lifting the BackFlip and be very difficult for me. Plus, when open all the way, the rear window is completely blocked. When the revolver is all the way opened the rear window is clear. Just my 2 cents. (y)

barrak

Reaction score
I have the MX4 and the cargo management with no interference between the two during install or operation. When fully up, rearview mirror is useless. Luckily, I have the digital rearview mirror which I flick on in these situations. Its camera is not obstructed by the raised MX4. Not sure about other Bakflip models.

So I wouldn't get the MX4 without having the digital rearview mirror. And yes, you need to brace a little to flip up the last stacked section. I can imagine some people with hand dexterity issues needing to go into the bed for this purpose... if they have the bed step and good knees.

ocwill1

Reaction score
I have the MX4 and the Limited with the digital rearview mirror. Only reason I got the MX4 this time was because of the digital mirror. If I did not have that, it would be the revolver all day.. Had that one on my last 2 or 3 trucks

barrak

Reaction score
Please tell me about the "Digital Rear View Mirror".

It was packaged with the Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group (HUD, Adaptive cruise, Digital Rearview, Blind spot, Power running boards, updated audio, Surround view cameras, Sprayed bed, Wireless charging). Can be had in other trims with various packagings.

Basically, it displays a live image on the rearview mirror from a rear facing camera located externally at the back end of the cabin near the top. A button on the mirror housing allows you to switch between the display and a regular reflective mirror view.

Superfluous for the most part and not worth a retrofit, in my opinion, unless one is bent on getting a tri-fold bed cover or install a bed rack that would obstruct rearview but not high enough to obstruct the camera.

Assuming, of course, you're not this guy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online