5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BakFlip Revolver X4 for the RamBox

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Finally received the Revolver X4. Unfortunately, I'm leaving town today for 5 days so probably will not be able to install till next Friday. Hopefully it will install trouble free.

Attachments

• BakFlip.jpg
    BakFlip.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 71

tango1179

Reaction score
Finally received the Revolver X4. Unfortunately, I'm leaving town today for 5 days so probably will not be able to install till next Friday. Hopefully it will install trouble free.
So, pardon the ignorance, but what is a Revolver? I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my 2019 with the RamBoxes.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any update on your install? How'd it go? Pics?

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Any update on your install? How'd it go? Pics?
Install is complete and was simple enough. The rails were a tight fit when sliding on the cargo rails of truck. There is an issue with fit at the tail gate where the passenger side is higher off of the tailgate than the driver side. BakFlip has sent new rails based on pictures and video I submitted to them. They should arrive today. Part of me wanted to wait to take pictures after the new rails. I am worried about getting the older rails off because they were so hard to put on even with soapy water. Overall, I think it is a good product. It is not water tight but I am surprised at how very little water gets in the bed despite the HEAVY days of rain we have had here in western NC. I also wish the straps/snap to hold the cover in place once rolled up were a little easier to engage and disengage. Seems the fixed angle of the snaps on the cover could be more angled. It is easy to use otherwise and looks good and streamline. The other option was the Retrax but I was hesitant about losing more bed space in a 5'7" bed. With the current install the tailgate closes easily without having to lift the cover.

Last edited:

RueferChi

Reaction score
I just received mine and installed yesterday. Took maybe 30 mins max. Fit seems really good, rolls up easy and it looks great! I'll post some updates after a few weeks.

KSOTI

Reaction score
Ordered mine at Auto Accessories Garage call them direct. Ask for Terry. Got a great deal!

Lize

Reaction score
The other option was the Retrax but I was hesitant about losing more bed space in a 5'7" bed. With the current install the tailgate closes easily without having to lift the cover.
I'm pleased with mine too and also didn't get the Retrax to maximise bed space, plus you don't need to fiddle about with a key like you would for the Retrax.
No great shakes but I've found in very sunny weather the aluminium does gets quite hot so I just make sure I roll it open using the black fabric bits.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I put one of these on my Longhorn with Ramboxes a few weeks ago. I really like mine. Super easy to install and looks great. There were a few gaps though that I either siliconed or used weather stripping to close

Users who are viewing this thread