5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakflip MX4 with Right On bracket

Sdolse1

Reaction score
I'm looking for guidance on installing a Bakflip MX4 on a 2020 RAM 1500 with MFT. I've installed the Right On brackets and the MX4 rails but the cover doesn't fit. At the front (near the Right On brackets) the rails are too narrow to allow the cover to seat into place. I assume its simply because of the thickness of the Right On brackets and expect some modification will be required to the rails to make it work. I appreciate any insight this group can provide. thanks!

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I'm looking for guidance on installing a Bakflip MX4 on a 2020 RAM 1500 with MFT. I've installed the Right On brackets and the MX4 rails but the cover doesn't fit. At the front (near the Right On brackets) the rails are too narrow to allow the cover to seat into place. I assume its simply because of the thickness of the Right On brackets and expect some modification will be required to the rails to make it work. I appreciate any insight this group can provide. thanks!
Look here Tonneau covers that work with MFT

I saw one post for the mx4 but don’t remember what page it was, sorry. I believe the person placed the rails behind the brackets and may have had to do some grinding/cutting for them to fit over the bracket bolts. Don’t hold me to that but I thinks that’s what they did. If you can find that post they might be around still and can give you some guidance.

I installed the undercover ultra flex and I had to reverse the rails to get it to work. Page 36 or 37 is my pics and post.

Sdolse1

Reaction score

I saw one post for the mx4 but don’t remember what page it was, sorry. I believe the person placed the rails behind the brackets and may have had to do some grinding/cutting for them to fit over the bracket bolts. Don’t hold me to that but I thinks that’s what they did. If you can find that post they might be around still and can give you some guidance.

I installed the undercover ultra flex and I had to reverse the rails to get it to work. Page 36 or 37 is my pics and post.
thank you! I'll continue to search to see if I can find that post.

Jackpot50

Reaction score
Post some pics, worth 1000 words

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the Mx4 by grinding off 1/4 “ x 11” and installed a 1/2 “ x 3” small l bracket at the front for extra support of the Mx4 . I will try to take pictures of it tomorrow. I also have Bak tool box installed as well.

Attachments

• 0D4E615E-03C1-4A5C-875B-7D1F1CACFB24.jpeg
    0D4E615E-03C1-4A5C-875B-7D1F1CACFB24.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 69

Sumter63

Reaction score

To install the undercover did you need to replace the brackets with the right on brackets. Will it mess with any warranty issue to the truck. Can you point me to your post for install. Thanks

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I did a complete post for how I installed the undercover here. If it doesn’t take you to the correct page, it’s on page 38 of that thread. It’s multiple posts on there with pictures.

Yes I replaced the brackets and no it doesn’t void any warranty’s that I’m aware of.

Thumbs5th

Reaction score
FYI:
"Azsmc said:
I ordered Bak flip MX4 Tonneau that is made specifically for the MFT tailgate. Sku# 448226 I am still waiting on delivery as they say its waiting on QC to finalize before shipping. The original MX4 that requires the Righton brackets is 448227 for the 5’7" tailgate without MFT or rambox’s. I assume the new version will work without removing the factory braces. It may be a couple more weeks before I get it. Ill repost when I do with pics. Just noticed that a few of the vendors are allowing orders with that option."

Users who are viewing this thread