5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover for '19 Ram w Ramboxes arrived: installation hints/tips?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys, any leaks on your MX4? Would order it again or try something else? Had one on my GMC and it was fine. Just seeing if there were any better options available. Thanks
Mine is just fine. Minimal leaking at the tailgate and I haven’t even tried to seal it

Jims380da

Reaction score
Did you install yourself or did you have shop install cover?

Jims380da

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase and how much? seems like I can get it shipped for under 900. Local truck shop wants 1100.00 installed.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase and how much? seems like I can get it shipped for under 900. Local truck shop wants 1100.00 installed.
Tonneau factory outlet price matched the same price that I was quoted by another company on here. I believe I paid a little less than $800 shipped

Stickerhead

Reaction score
$750 including tax out the door. 5th one I have installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I have a friend in a big box store that gets me cost on everything

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I buy a lot of “off road parts” for my two Jeeps from him.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Is the install hard? Before I turned in my Sierra, I took it off and installed it on my buddy’s Silverado. Seemed pretty easy but didn’t lock as easy as it did on my truck. Think I can do it myself without issues on my ram? Do you have ram box?

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I’d the install hard? Before I turned in my Sierra, I took it off and installed it on my buddy’s Silverado. Seemed pretty easy but didn’t lock as easy as it did on my truck. Think I can do it myself without issues on my ram? Do you have ram box?

It is stupid easy. Hardest part is sliding the covers rails into the bed rails

Stickerhead

Reaction score
It is easy. I can install on in about 45 min. No. I do not have Ram boxes. Don’t like them. If the covers were metal, maybe.

rrroscoe

Reaction score
I need help. Trying to install the MX4. 2019 Rebel with ramboxes. I cannot figure out how to slide the rails in. What am I missing?
Cannot even get it started straight. The end of the MX4 rail doesn’t come close to fitting in any space on the bed rail.
1040D945-8FD6-4DD5-BD0A-3946520C4022.jpeg 030794B8-080B-4171-8D18-C258FE649D00.jpeg

robwah

Reaction score
So a big box showed up on my doorstep, and I plan on installing this Bakflip MX4 this coming weekend on my '19 Ram 1500 Limited w Ramboxes.

Aside from what I can gather by reading the instructions, do any of y'all who've already done this have any tips or recommendations?

Thanks!
I love mine. Love the matte black finish

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I need help. Trying to install the MX4. 2019 Rebel with ramboxes. I cannot figure out how to slide the rails in. What am I missing?
Cannot even get it started straight. The end of the MX4 rail doesn’t come close to fitting in any space on the bed rail.
View attachment 37677 View attachment 37678
Your truck must have come with the factory cover?

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
View attachment 37677 View attachment 37678
Those aren't the silver rails from the BUG that are needed to install. You have the black rails.

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Those aren't the silver rails from the BUG that are needed to install. You have the black rails.
I kinda figured that. I went to the dealership to look at other trucks.
I am having trouble finding the part number for the rails I need. Does anyone know the part number?

rrroscoe

Reaction score
After several hours of searching, I found the part numbers. Here ya go if anyone else needs them-
the silver rail part numbers are as follows:
68027048AD
68027049AD

Users who are viewing this thread