5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BakFlip MX4 Cover

pgers22

Reaction score
hey everyone so I took the BakFlip from my old Ram 1500 and installed on my new one. Both had the bedliner sprayed in, issue I am having is the piece that goes along the front of the bed by the cab will not stick to the bed to help keep the water out. Any ideas?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How permanent you want it? RTV? Gorilla Glue? 3M double-stick foam tape?

fliptide

Reaction score
hey everyone so I took the BakFlip from my old Ram 1500 and installed on my new one. Both had the bedliner sprayed in, issue I am having is the piece that goes along the front of the bed by the cab will not stick to the bed to help keep the water out. Any ideas?
Maybe get it lined up and mark the cover where the strip would interface between cover and bed. Then install the strip on the cover instead of bed rail?

pgers22

Reaction score
I was thinking that as well and might try that before welding it to the bed itself LOL

famecity

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Found that stripping a couple of places online. I ordered from Bakflip. Do you happen to have the installation instructions? I thought I remembered watching a video originally but can't seem to find it now.

Users who are viewing this thread