5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BakFlip G2 and BedRug installation

crazygreek89

Reaction score
I wanted to share pictures and comments of my G2 and BedRug installation on the 2019. Super easy, did it myself with my son’s help in about 4 hours for both. Both products are very high quality and installation was fairly painless. I will provide feedback in a few weeks to see how everything is holding up after weather and the every day elements.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still waiting on those pictures.....
Definitely! Especially interested in how tight/snug the bedrug is for the ‘19 Ram as I’ve seen some seem too short for the bed. How does yours fit the bed? How does it look?

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys...I thought the pics originally uploaded with my initial post but it seems like they failed. I'm also traveling this week so I didn't check until now. Below are the pics I took the day I installed them. I don't have up close pictures of the fitment with the BedRug and the G2, but I made sure I left about 1/4 inch of space between the end of the G2 rails and the Tailgate, and the BedRug is able to sit nice and flush in that opening when the tailgate is closed.

I installed the BedRug first and did not finish the tailgate section until after I installed the G2. I did that for 2 reasons, I wanted to make sure I didn't need to make any modifications for the fitment of the tailgate when it closed, but I also didn't know if I would need to use the extra rail that BedRug provides.

Pics included now...

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_file-14.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_file-14.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 138
  • rsz_file1-5.jpg
    rsz_file1-5.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 139
  • rsz_file2-2.jpg
    rsz_file2-2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 137
  • rsz_file3-3.jpg
    rsz_file3-3.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 134

DavidB5303

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys...I thought the pics originally uploaded with my initial post but it seems like they failed. I'm also traveling this week so I didn't check until now. Below are the pics I took the day I installed them. I don't have up close pictures of the fitment with the BedRug and the G2, but I made sure I left about 1/4 inch of space between the end of the G2 rails and the Tailgate, and the BedRug is able to sit nice and flush in that opening when the tailgate is closed.

I installed the BedRug first and did not finish the tailgate section until after I installed the G2. I did that for 2 reasons, I wanted to make sure I didn't need to make any modifications for the fitment of the tailgate when it closed, but I also didn't know if I would need to use the extra rail that BedRug provides.

Pics included now...
Have you noticed any dampness on the bedrug when it rains from seeping past the G2?

Saint

Reaction score

Pics included now...

Looks great,Thanks for sharing.
I have a G2 ordered for my 19 with ram boxes. I be sure to share once all together.

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Have you noticed any dampness on the bedrug when it rains from seeping past the G2?

First time I noticed it was today. It seems to only be around the tailgate area. I don’t know that it’s the G2 so much moreso than top of the tailgate that the G2 doesn’t actually cover. If I look down in that area, I can see parts of the BedRug. Are you experiencing something similar? I wonder if the MX4 is similar or not?

Users who are viewing this thread