5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakflip Fibermax, UC Armor Flex, or Solid Fold 2.0

reb0957

Reaction score
Having trouble making a decision, I hope you can help.
Between these 3 what would you pick and why?
Fibermax con: leans aginst cab pro: fiberglass top
Armor Flex: I dont know if the Line X coating is a pro or a con. It is still over an aluminum panel and I think would be prone to denting. Pro: my favorite look of the 3
Solid Fold 2.0: Con: sits above rails Pros: easy to completely remove & fiberglass.
Thanks!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you like the look of the armor flex but worried about durability check out DiamondBack covers.

db682

Reaction score
I saw a Solid Fold 2.0 on a new body style Ram a couple days ago. Looked very weird on such a stylish truck. Almost like they just built something and set it on top of the rails and said go. I would recommend sticking with one of the other two. They are both basically the same lid just with different panel materials. My preference would be the UC Armor Flex if you can afford the premium.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a Solid Fold 2.0 on a new body style Ram a couple days ago. Looked very weird on such a stylish truck. Almost like they just built something and set it on top of the rails and said go. I would recommend sticking with one of the other two. They are both basically the same lid just with different panel materials. My preference would be the UC Armor Flex if you can afford the premium.
Weird looking like this? :) One of the reasons I went with the 2.0 was because is sits on top of the truck bed and is very solid. But I know others like a more low-profile look.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 72

reb0957

Reaction score
The guy who does my tint sells accessories. We had a long discussion. Armor Flex will be hard to keep clean when dust or things like wax get in the the LineX. He also had the Solid Fold 2.0. He recommended the Ultra Flex. Either the ultra or armor will dent if hit hard enough and ultra is easier to clean. We will find out how the ultra looks on Thursday.
I had the Solid Fold and the 2.0 on my 2014
2.0 was 1000% improvement. I never felt the cover was square and was constantly micro adjusting it. It did do its job well and was easy to remove though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ArmorFlex, had it for about a year now and it’s been pretty durable for me with no issues cleaning it. I had Bakflips on my previous two trucks and by this point they were dinged, dented and the finish was already wearing off. Also, the prop rods and stow hooks are junk on them.

Check out the ArmorFlex video it seems pretty dent and ding proof to me.

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ArmorFlex, had it for about a year now and it’s been pretty durable for me with no issues cleaning it. I had Bakflips on my previous two trucks and by this point they were dinged, dented and the finish was already wearing off. Also, the prop rods and stow hooks are junk on them.

Check out the ArmorFlex video it seems pretty dent and ding proof to me.

Watched the video and the Armor Flex does look good. And seems durable. Another thing I like with the 2.0 is that it locks down pretty securely. Not saying someone couldn't tear into it, but they couldn't just lift it up. I suppose most of the folding covers are like this too though.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watched the video and the Armor Flex does look good. And seems durable. Another thing I like with the 2.0 is that it locks down pretty securely. Not saying someone couldn't tear into it, but they couldn't just lift it up. I suppose most of the folding covers are like this too though.

IMO a lot of covers (folding and solid) are fairly easy to break into because of the release/ pull wire for the latch to open them. Although I believe some models actually have metal bars for the latches that lock them down pretty good.

sman301

Reaction score
These DiamondBack covers seems very strong, stylish and functional. I want one. I have an bak mx4 with is aluminium and its hold up pretty good. no dents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online