5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BAKFlip F1 or BAKFlip MX4 (Non Ram Box)?

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Curious as to member opinions on these two folding bed covers. If price was not a part of the purchase decision, which would you choose and why?

I've had the F1 on my 2011 Tundra since I bought it new in 2011, and it has held up fine in the Texas heat - aside from the glossy coating on the panels turning a matte finish (the truck does not fit in my garage). Functionally it is just fine, so I am leaning towards getting the F1 for my soon-to-be-built Limited. I've also heard the finish on the MX4 panels is easily scratched?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Woody

A10

Reaction score
Don’t rule out the undercover armorflex. Super tough finish. If you need to fold it up, it gets secured at 90 degrees (not touching cab). Rather than leaning up against the cab like on the bakflips.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Don’t rule out the undercover armorflex. Super tough finish. If you need to fold it up, it gets secured at 90 degrees (not touching cab). Rather than leaning up against the cab like on the bakflips.

Looks almost identical to the BAKFlip on the outside, that's funny. I do like the idea of Line-X on the top side of the panels. Wonder how the long-term reliability is with their bed rails...

A10

Reaction score
Looks almost identical to the BAKFlip on the outside, that's funny. I do like the idea of Line-X on the top side of the panels. Wonder how the long-term reliability is with their bed rails...

Absolutely they do. Only reason I went with undercover is on the rare event I do need to drive with cover folded all the way up. It’s not rubbing against the cab.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Absolutely they do. Only reason I went with undercover is on the rare event I do need to drive with cover folded all the way up. It’s not rubbing against the cab.

Would you mind taking some real-world pictures of yours for me? Closed as well as folded up to the vertical position? How is the Line-X finish holding up? Does it get faded in the sun? It looks like a matte finish to begin with?

Thanks in advance!

A10

Reaction score
Would you mind taking some real-world pictures of yours for me? Closed as well as folded up to the vertical position? How is the Line-X finish holding up? Does it get faded in the sun? It looks like a matte finish to begin with?

Thanks in advance!

The finish still looks new. I haven’t noticed any fading yet. It’s a very tough cover. Yes matte finish.

I have had it through one winter so far, and I park the truck in my garage overnight. However, it sits outside when I’m at work (60+ hours a week).

Users who are viewing this thread