5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakflip cheaper substitute gator EFX hard folding tonneu cover

bchboy1206

Reaction score
Hi, 2020 Built to Serve Ram, I have had for 5 days. Love the truck! Been looking at bed covers and wow! there are a ton of choices. Glad I saw oncehadadakota's msg! I chatted with Ashley and got a smokin deal on a efx of $520. I ended up going with the FX3 for $679. I felt for my needs the extra flip was worth it.

Dang, I just got off the phone with Realtruck and the best price he could give me was $809 for the FX3

***Update, I was able to get if for $798 plus tax.*** You know the old saying, buy what you want the first time and only cry once!!!

Thanks for the help
Jim

Last edited:

TinyDancer

Reaction score
Put the Gator EFX on yesterday and dig it with the BedRug

5830E8B6-06C1-4F0A-BD85-3722DB0F3DF9.jpeg

Attachments

• 07FAACCE-7540-408F-B7EC-72F69518D85B.jpeg
    07FAACCE-7540-408F-B7EC-72F69518D85B.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

72soft-top

Reaction score
Just installed Gator FX3 yesterday on my 2020 BTS. Price was $779.99 plus tax. Fits great. Rain coming tonight so will see how water tight it is?

72soft-top

Reaction score
Well. The rain came and the cover was not very tight. Nice amount of water sitting in the back corners below the tie fine hook. And the truck was not driven, just parked in driveway with front slightly higher. Looks like I need to use a hose to determine leak area?

TinyDancer

Reaction score
Well. The rain came and the cover was not very tight. Nice amount of water sitting in the back corners below the tie fine hook. And the truck was not driven, just parked in driveway with front slightly higher. Looks like I need to use a hose to determine leak area?
So the EFX came with two drain tubes and the water that does leak will come right down from the spouts. I just cut through the Bed Rug and pushed them into pre-existing holes and they fall down between the outer sheet metal and the bed wall itself.

chyzzz

Reaction score
I've had this cover for about a year now. It's been great. I got lucky and snagged it when it was under 500 dollars pre-tax. Keeps my stuff secure and dry. no issues with the tailgate. Like others have said it is easy to remove by myself and the initial installation took about 30 minutes or less.

Users who are viewing this thread