5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bak Revolver X4 Poor Quality

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh. Man am I glad I put the truck cap on mine. I seriously debated the tonneau covers but bit the bullet and went with the cap in the end, and I've gotten more than my money's worth so far :)

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I have a Bak trifold, top of the line in 2011, it DOD not hold up well and was useless after only a couple of years, will never but one of thier overpriced products

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Bak trifold, top of the line in 2011, it DOD not hold up well and was useless after only a couple of years, will never but one of thier overpriced products

I put a BakFlip on my truck in 09. 10 years and 193K miles later, it was a bit faded and worn on the outside, but still worked like new.

RabelLA

Reaction score
I know it’s an old thread but just installed my bak revolver x4 and I have the same issues. Spending this much money on a cover and quality control isn’t there. 1/2-1 inch gaps on 4 corners. I’m disappointed:cry: 147C86AE-6181-43C2-82D3-5B3F083325A2.jpeg F735CFAB-7CEA-4FF7-9529-B714B4073C48.jpeg 224284D5-35C1-48D2-802B-76658AFBE495.jpeg 5D68AB9D-68F1-451F-93D7-583ADE07DDCF.jpeg 207F5747-0C77-4DDC-996A-DEFCBF67F57A.jpeg 32DF40B6-A29B-4FDB-B4FD-721DE0B9C952.jpeg

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
Looks like a rambox fit issue, on my standard 6'4 bed it doesn't look anything like the pictures some of you posted.

I came to post the same thing. 6'4" bed without rambox was a straight fwd install and has survived several rainstorms watertight. Mine did have the cut edges, unpainted, and that's about the only ding I give it at this point.
My experience doesnt help the OPs case, but I'd suggest contacting Bakflip directly with photos.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mx4 I have fits a lot better than that Revolver does.

stevestrike

Reaction score
Making a contribution here as well. According to their website (https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4) the BAK Revolver X4 is a "premium cover". Really? Take a look for yourself at the poor quality of the Revolver X4:
  • Does not fit correctly. I have the same spacing issues and poorly cut frame as others have shown, and if it rains, my bed and contents get wet
  • Razor sharp edges that protrude right into the bed
  • Falling apart after a year--Seals and fabric coming lose everywhere
I'm not hard on my stuff, and for the ~$1000 this cover has been a very poor quality.

EDIT: I suppose I should give BAK the benefit of the doubt. I've opened an inquiry on getting my cover fixed/replaced under warranty. I'll post back!

Attachments

• IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3704.jpg
    IMG_3704.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3707 (1).jpg
    IMG_3707 (1).jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

witcohe

Reaction score
I'll never buy another BAK cover. I currently own an X4 and the matte "fabric" is delaminating from the tailgate end due to the glue failing. I wouldn't buy one if you live in a hot climate (SC in my case). I also had to cut off about 1 1/2" of the rear of the rails to prevent damage to the tailgate every time I closed it. I had a BAKFlip on my Tacoma I owned and it started sagging from nothing more than the weight of water pooling on the surface - no way near the 400 lb "design" limit. Very poor design/QA issues at BAK.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I was a fan of BAK covers until I ordered an X4s for my TRX. The first cover I got one of the slats wouldn’t lay flat. This caused a ridge all the way across the cover. Called the people I bought it from. BAK sent a second cover. Same exact problem! Called the people I bought it from. BAK sent a 3rd cover to the wrong address. It was then put on another FedEx truck headed to my house. After a week of it not showing up, I enquirer about it’s location. Another week goes by and no cover. Called the people I bought it from. BAK sends out a 4th cover. This one is fine. Finally! The 3rd cover still hasn’t shown up.
BAK had me destroy the two covers by drilling holes in the fabric. I repurposed them as flooring for a ground blind I will hunt deer from this fall.
I think they have good products and their customer service is great. They just plain old suck when it comes to quality control and inspection.
I will be looking at something different for my next truck as I don’t want to go through that again.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems Baks quality has taken a dump over the years… years ago with my 4th gen ram their covers were well recommend and the one I had was amazing for the 4 years I had the truck… but recently it’s seems to be a hit or miss on getting a quality cover on the first order.. not only on here but on the other ram forums there’s been multiple complaints. Guess when I decide to upgrade my Lomax for something with a bit more security I’ll be looking at undercover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stevestrike

Reaction score
EDIT: I suppose I should give BAK the benefit of the doubt. I've opened an inquiry on getting my cover fixed/replaced under warranty. I'll post back!

Update: I opened a warranty request and sent the information they requested. They are sending me a new cover, so I have to give them credit for standing behind their product.

Will post back on the quality if the new X4s model they are sending.

Users who are viewing this thread