5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baja trips. Planning, reports, tips, etc.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post up any info or experience you have going to Baja off road. From 2wd sightseeing around resorts to TRX 1000 mile off road. Not really looking for racing info, just vaca ideas.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well i've never done it myself and not planning to do it until my friend's guys are going to do it.
But, according to my other friend who had done it before, here are some pointers:
1. Travel with group. Don't go alone.
2. In your group, have at least 1 dedicated fuel truck. Meaning you fill up all your tanks and carry A LOT of spare jugs. Fill those jugs before crossing into Mexico. Have 1 truck carries nothing but fuel only. Bring enough fuel to go and come back
3. Once you cross the border, avoid towns and populated area. Cross the border, hit dirt, and drive straight to the beach (assuming that's where you're going). don't go to the town unless absolutely necessary.

Alternatively, you can do what these guys did:

SDSkeeter

Reaction score
We are traveling in Baja in our RAM 2500 with Northstar pop-up camper. Currently on the East Cape near San Jose del Cabo. Miles and miles of empty white sand beaches. Posting on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/awaywewinnebago/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread