5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bad valve seats?

michlynsBighorn

Reaction score
New to the site, hello all, Mike here. So I just bought my first MOPAR in about 40 years.( I got burned on a Dodge Aspen many many years ago)
It's a 2019 RAM 1500, BH level 2, 5.7 Litre. Had 19,000 miles when I picked it up 2 weeks ago. Certified used, I really like the truck.
Last week I drove it to the car wash and brought it home, parked in the driveway at a slight incline. Approx. 2 hours later I started it up again and white/blue smoke came out of the exhaust. quite a bit at first, then cleared up. Indicative of oil burning, I checked the level and it was okay. I figured I'd watch for it to happen again. Today it did it again, not as much though.
Thus, I figured I'd get in a forum and see if anyone has had a similar situation, or this just a bum engine.
It's still in manufacturers warranty, plus I bought the extended coverage out to 100,000 miles. I did change the oil when I purchased it, Royal Purple full synthetic, just throwing this out there up front and will start pouring through the posts.

jjhall8

Reaction score
New to the site, hello all, Mike here. So I just bought my first MOPAR in about 40 years.( I got burned on a Dodge Aspen many many years ago)
It's a 2019 RAM 1500, BH level 2, 5.7 Litre. Had 19,000 miles when I picked it up 2 weeks ago. Certified used, I really like the truck.
Last week I drove it to the car wash and brought it home, parked in the driveway at a slight incline. Approx. 2 hours later I started it up again and white/blue smoke came out of the exhaust. quite a bit at first, then cleared up. Indicative of oil burning, I checked the level and it was okay. I figured I'd watch for it to happen again. Today it did it again, not as much though.
Thus, I figured I'd get in a forum and see if anyone has had a similar situation, or this just a bum engine.
It's still in manufacturers warranty, plus I bought the extended coverage out to 100,000 miles. I did change the oil when I purchased it, Royal Purple full synthetic, just throwing this out there up front and will start pouring through the
I doubt it is the seats. More common for the valve seals to cause this problem.

Sleeper

Reaction score
It's still in manufacturers warranty, plus I bought the extended coverage out to 100,000 miles. I did change the oil when I purchased it, Royal Purple full synthetic, just throwing this out there up front and will start pouring through the posts.
Leaky injector? Run some fuel system cleaner and if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread