5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad paint

kjk05006

Reaction score
My truck finally came in. During my delivery check I noticed that the paint was aweful. There are at least 2, 1” scratches in the tailgate. Then throughout the rest of the truck there are a ton of surface scratches.

Dealer said they would send the truck to a body shop to repaint the tailgate.

However they weren’t very concerned with the paint on the rest of the truck.

Did anyone else’s truck come like this? Am I being too ocd? Any suggestions?

Brobee

Reaction score
My truck finally came in. During my delivery check I noticed that the paint was aweful. There are at least 2, 1” scratches in the tailgate. Then throughout the rest of the truck there are a ton of surface scratches.

Dealer said they would send the truck to a body shop to repaint the tailgate.

However they weren’t very concerned with the paint on the rest of the truck.

Did anyone else’s truck come like this? Am I being too ocd? Any suggestions?

Mine did. All down the passenger side only. About same height (2" below top of bed rail...above door handles), with the exception of a major one on the roof corner above the rear passenger door.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has several scratches in the clear, a slight dent in the hood, and a small twin paint chip on the truck front fender.

I will have the dealer take care of these issues when they have a loaner car other than a freakin Jeep Renegade, not driving one of those things.

This past weekend I spent 6 hours with my DA buffer/polisher and a bottle of griots boss fast correcting cream. After I got home from picking up my truck, there were swirls and fine scratches all around the vehicle. The BOSS product is amazing! Night and day difference in the paint. It took out 99% of the blemishes, and is very easy it work.

Lesson learned, I will never allow the dealerships to prep my vehicles for delivery ever again. I will do it myself!

RBRK

Reaction score
Mine has been the best paint out of all 5 of my Ram trucks. Quite surprised actually.

I would recommend seeing if they can be buffed etc. I wouldn’t want a repaint myself.

RBRK

Reaction score
If it’s the tailgate, see if they will swap it with one on the lot if they have the same color/trim

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the quality of the paint. Far better that the paint on my ‘15 Laramie.

I am just ticked off at the lack of care shown to my vehicle. The only person to scratch my ride is me.

ND RAM

Reaction score
My tailgate has a significant run on the passenger side edge along with a .25" diameter chip. There is also a run on the adjacent quarter panel edge but no chip. I had the chip touched up today under warranty. If the touch up fails I'll likely have both runs removed and the area repainted.

Attachments

• 20181121_102555.jpg
    20181121_102555.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20181121_102610.jpg
    20181121_102610.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread