5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad midrange? Upgrade help

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey guys, first I’m sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I haven’t come across a thread yet about what I’m experiencing specifically.

I have a 2020 with the HK and while the system is loud, with good base and good highs, my in-door speakers are awful. And I don’t mean awful sounding…they produce almost no sound at all. The upper door tweeter is decent but still pretty terrible, but the lower door midrange makes almost no sound. Almost like it receives no power at all. The lower door midrange specifically, is basically useless.

My question is if I do an upgraded speaker (lower door) WITHOUT adding an amp, do y’all think I’d see a noticeable difference? Is this a speaker issue or amp (power) issue? I’m satisfied with the rest of the system, although there is room for improvement, the midrange problem needs to be addressed.

Any insight or help?
Thanks
Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online