5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Luck Ram - Rebel Hood

Hobz62

Reaction score
Man oh man.

My 2020 bighorn had 4k miles when my wife backed into it in our driveway. Required a new bumper to fix and was a week long process. Finally got it back two days ago and was driving home when the car in front of me threw a piece of steel into my hood scratching and denting it. If they have to replace the hood I'm going to cry and then go with a rebel hood to replace. Thoughts? I cannot believe my luck so far. Ridiculous, my insurance company is going to hate me.

Boston

Reaction score
Pictures would help. A hood is expensive which pushes towards repair

STR

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s certainly a string of bad luck. I have a Rebel, and the hood definitely sets it off. The faux vents are lame, but it still looks good. Just be aware that it sits higher, so judging the front is a little more difficult, but not a big deal.

Hobz62

Reaction score
I'm getting it quoted tomorrow. Will follow up on. You just can't make this shtuff up.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hood is aluminum, not easy to repair if more than a tiny dent. Most likely a body shop will want to replace it.

STR

Reaction score
^^^ Aluminum can be repaired. More difficult, but definitely repairable. Do you think that they replace Ford truck panels if they get more than a “tiny dent“? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Most vehicles made over the past 20+ years have been using aluminum hoods, as well as other panels, including tailgates. Certainly nothing new or unique.

Hobz62

Reaction score
750 dollars to fix hood. Guess I'll stick with the bighorn hood for now and just have it repaired.

STR

Reaction score
^^^ Makes sense. Hopefully you’ll have better luck going forward (y)

Users who are viewing this thread