5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Front Drivers Side Strut with Ready Lift

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
A couple questions. I have the ReadyLift 3.5 on a 1900 Laramie. My front drivers side strut seems like it went bad. Clunking noise and is leaking.

A. Anyone have this issue with or without the lift? What are the odds that the dealer would warranty it since I have the lift? FYI, a dealer put them on (AutoNation) but that dealer is like 40 miles away and isn’t returning my phone calls for service.

B. Anyone recommend a good replacement? I don’t need leveling shocks but the off road center that I plan on having do the work wants to do the Bilsteins 5100’s which I am Ok with but they are OoS everywhere and shows in stock by 11/20.

Thanks for any input.

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Odds that you can get it warrantied are pretty slim.
Your options are: A new OE shock, used OE shock, new Bilstein, or an entire strut assembly new or used.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will say the lift is the reason the strut went bad, and they are probably right. It’d be a long shot to get it warranties. I’d pick up some 5100s. Set them to 2” of lift and still run the top hat.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, no warranty likely. However, this is a good chance to improve your ride, as ksn240 mentioned, get a set of 5100s, they aren't pricey, leave the top hat spacer on and dump that preload spacer.

You should still have the height you want but with a much better ride.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Yeah, no warranty likely. However, this is a good chance to improve your ride, as ksn240 mentioned, get a set of 5100s, they aren't pricey, leave the top hat spacer on and dump that preload spacer.

You should still have the height you want but with a much better ride.

Thanks guys. Pretty much where I was leaning but always nice to have that confirmation. Now to try and source some 5100’s. Everyone says they are on a national backorder.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bilsteinlifts.com has a few in stock at the moment

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I ordered some from CarID.com. We’ll see.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Went with the Bilsteins and set the at the 4th setting (1.3). I now have about 3/4 inch of rake back which I am good with. The truck looked a little squatty when we loaded it up for camping or pulling my tiny little camper. If you want it more level I think you could go 1.7 (5th setting) but next one up is 2.2 and I think you would end up nose high. I was dead level before with the ReadyLift.

Thanks for the input guys. Truck rides great now. I forgot how good it should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread