5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad experience at Bud Clary

Z_Bo

Reaction score
Went to pick up my factory order today. I was told that Philip Olson had been fired and they would no longer honor the deal I had, IN WRITING, with him. So just a warning to those of you that ordered with Phillip. They are refusing to honor the locked in incentives. Said he was fired because of deals like mine. I walked out after wasting a couple hours.

Nova90

Reaction score
Went to pick up my factory order today. I was told that Philip Olson had been fired and they would no longer honor the deal I had, IN WRITING, with him. So just a warning to those of you that ordered with Phillip. They are refusing to honor the locked in incentives. Said he was fired because of deals like mine. I walked out after wasting a couple hours.
If you have a written contract, I don't see how they can refuse to honor it.

Ramjack

Reaction score
If you have a written contract, I don't see how they can refuse to honor it.
Yep. Your deal is not with Philip personally. It's with the dealership, unless nobody with authority ever signed the paperwork. If it's only signed by Philip, you might have a problem. But I'd still try to pursue it through small claims court. If you don't mind my asking, how much are the incentives that they won't honor? I'm guessing the amount of incentives would fall under the limit for small claims court in your area. That's the amount of your dispute, not the full amount of the purchase price.

Z_Bo

Reaction score
Incentives were $3750 but I'm not going to waste time in small claims court. Probably just going to wait for the new Tundra instead. The factory order took long enough that I wasn't that attached by the time it arrived so I was ok walking.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
That is a bunch of BS. Phillip sold a ton of trucks, if management really didn’t know about those deals until now, someone was really asleep at the wheel (which isn’t the customers fault).

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was he the sales manager? If not, didn't a sales manager sign off on the deals? I don't know dealerships well, but I always assumed the manager had to approve it.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Actually - your post gave me a bit of comfort since I’m from WA State and didn’t hear about this dealership giving such great deals until after I ordered from Lithia in Portland, Or MSRP $58460 paid $49500. Sorry to hear they treated you so poorly. If you want to pursue - the State of WA is actually pretty tough on the dealers.

roca916

Reaction score
I too placed my initial order with Phillip. I'm expecting to pick it up by end of month, so I am now concern after reading your experience.

I reached out to Aydin (salesman) to confirm if my incentives and discounts were intact, even after Phillip was let go. He confirms yes, so I hope I dont run into a similar situation.

Out of curiosity, what was the written agreement? I assume a buyers order and possibly a deposit slip?

Ramjack

Reaction score
Incentives were $3750 but I'm not going to waste time in small claims court. Probably just going to wait for the new Tundra instead. The factory order took long enough that I wasn't that attached by the time it arrived so I was ok walking.
Honestly, small claims court is not time-consuming and is fairly easy. The only downside is that you likely won't get everything you want because the judges want all parties to compromise and come to a mediated agreement. Basically, they want everyone to "meet in the middle", which can be frustrating when you are right.

roca916

Reaction score
So it's just the OP who's getting hosed? That seems odd.
That's what it seems so far. OP also never mentioned what the "written agreement" consisted of; whether a buyers order and/or deposit was made.

I plan to complete the financing paperwork prior to pick up to both a) save time and b) confirm im getting the deal as promised. Aydin has been responsive so I feel comfortable this purchase will go without a hitch

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Generally speaking.. an employee is working as an agent of the company, and under general contract law, the deal he made with you, is binding, whether or not he is still employed there. Don't throw in the towel!
I seriously think he was straddled with a case of second guessing and decided he wanted the new Tundra instead…..and rather than just sucking it up he opted to vent on the dealer for his decision.

vegasandre

Reaction score
I also ordered from Phillip and have reached out to Aydin who has been responsive. Sent him a very detailed specific email which documented all conversation and timeline regarding the Ram order/incentives and all previous conversation with Phillip and Aydin . I am expecting them to honor it and do "the right thing" .

Last edited:

Amprice4

Reaction score
Mine wasn't a Ram but I picked up my ordered Jeep Wrangler 4xe from Bud Clary last week. I ordered in April with Phillip Olson and was communicating with Aydin the entire time. I flew up to Seattle from Phoenix to pick it up and my experience with everyone at Bud Clary was awesome. They locked me into lease numbers from April and honored the price that Phillip gave me when I ordered. I was in the finance office with Gary for all of five minutes with zero attempt to sell me anything.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Mine wasn't a Ram but I picked up my ordered Jeep Wrangler 4xe from Bud Clary last week. I ordered in April with Phillip Olson and was communicating with Aydin the entire time. I flew up to Seattle from Phoenix to pick it up and my experience with everyone at Bud Clary was awesome. They locked me into lease numbers from April and honored the price that Phillip gave me when I ordered. I was in the finance office with Gary for all of five minutes with zero attempt to sell me anything.
thank you for the positive support and Congrats on your new Jeep!

Users who are viewing this thread