5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad BCM Module

JJWerline

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a bad BCM module yet? I have had TWO go bad on me in less than six months. I got the truck brand new in 2018- Its a 2019 1500 Bighorn. About 6 months ago I went to unlock my truck and the tailgate dropped. I thought....Well thats new! Seeing as i dont have that feature on my truck at all. After the tailgate popped open i heard the latches continuously clicking as if they kept trying to open until i locked it. When i Locked the truck it was fine. BUT it there was still something clicking in under the steering wheel area. For the life i me i couldnt figure out what it was. It got to the point that i started pulling fuses and pushing them back in thinking it was a loose fuse or something. Well it killed my battery over night because it was just trying to open the tailgate all night long. So I took it to the dealship. They finally told me it was the BCM module that was bad and replaced it. Everything was working great UNTIL just last week it started doing it again! Its the craziest thing! They even said they have never seen anything like it. So now im on my second replaced BCM module. I wasnt sure if anyone else out there has had this happen to them?

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You didnt happen to have your windshield replaced or tinted recently, have you?

Rsone 11

Reaction score
This happened to me on many 201@ big horn I got the windshield tint removed and replaced and they got water behind dash the truck was never the same even after the bcm module replacement. The speakers started blowing out all the time 5 speakers in less then 6 weeks I brought the truck in each time. Then after every thing was repaired I traded it in for a brand new 2022 rebel i couldn’t stand the stress of wondering what was going to go next on the truck. The tint shop ruined my truck!!!

JJWerline

Reaction score
This happened to me on many 201@ big horn I got the windshield tint removed and replaced and they got water behind dash the truck was never the same even after the bcm module replacement. The speakers started blowing out all the time 5 speakers in less then 6 weeks I brought the truck in each time. Then after every thing was repaired I traded it in for a brand new 2022 rebel i couldn’t stand the stress of wondering what was going to go next on the truck. The tint shop ruined my truck!!!
Nope! still the OG windshield with no tint on it. I just got word back from the Dealership that they replaced the BCM and its still doing it. Lord knows what is even going on at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread