5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera

foolishpride

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone know how to turn off the backup camera alarm? I bought a bass boat, and when backing it, the alarm is continuously going off. I searched the settings, and owners manual, but can't find any way to turn if off.

Thanks!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Rear sensors. Switch below radio. Unless you turn them off when towing, the truck will also apply brakes, and you will wonder what the hell is happening.
Hey all, anyone know how to turn off the backup camera alarm? I bought a bass boat, and when backing it, the alarm is continuously going off. I searched the settings, and owners manual, but can't find any way to turn if off.

Thanks!

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
With the backup cam, I have not turned the rear sensors back on. Ever. It's wildly obnoxious. I only turn the front sensors on when I'm in a parking lot and need to know how close I am to the car I can't see in front of me.

foolishpride

Reaction score
Rear sensors. Switch below radio. Unless you turn them off when towing, the truck will also apply brakes, and you will wonder what the hell is happening.
Hmmm, is it the four switches beside the electrict brake controller? I have the 8.4" display, with the radio knobs, and thermostat and fan knobs below the radio.

foolishpride

Reaction score
Looking at pics of other consoles of 2021 Ram's, I see the 4 switches beside the electric brake controller, with markings on them. I assume those switches turn off the sensors? My 4 switches have no markings on them, so I assume the switches don't do anything. Weird.

6of36

Reaction score
Looking at pics of other consoles of 2021 Ram's, I see the 4 switches beside the electric brake controller, with markings on them. I assume those switches turn off the sensors? My 4 switches have no markings on them, so I assume the switches don't do anything. Weird.
I'm driving a Durango, between trucks, so I can't go look, but yes, the switches next to the trailer brake. On a Laramie you should have buttons for front sensors, back sensors, I think stability control, and can't remember the fourth. As I recall, the sensors are the 2 right switches. They should light up when turned off, and it should show in driver display that they are off.

Loudram

Reaction score
If your switches look like this it's the second to the last switch that turns off the rear park sense.
20230316_020058.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The "markings" are above the switches. I'd be highly surprised if yours didn't have anything since they are backlit

foolishpride

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help! Those switches are backlit and light up when truck is started. Never even bothered looking at those switches before while driving.

Quint

Reaction score
I always turn the sensors off when towing, at least, once they beep at me and I remember to do so.

Dewey

Reaction score
First time I hooked up my boat and backed up my truck immediately slammed on the brakes. Thought I broke something.😲

Now I turn the sensors off each time but still occasionally forget. The sudden brake check quickly reminds me.🤦‍♂️

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First time I hooked up my boat and backed up my truck immediately slammed on the brakes. Thought I broke something.😲

Now I turn the sensors off each time but still occasionally forget. The sudden brake check quickly reminds me.🤦‍♂️
Just disable the auto braking.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I was helping someone move a mattress one time and they had the tailgate down so when we were backing up it kept slamming on the brakes until we realized the camera was looking at the ground hahah.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is what I had to do. My truck is bigger then curbs and my wheels can go up to it without the rear bumper hitting anything but the sensor makes it brake before I would "hit" it, freaked me out a few times. I keep both turned off, but the sensor still shows how close\far things are.

Dewey

Reaction score
I like to have it on for other times when I’m not towing anything. Actually worked in my favor a few times. A long as I remember to hit the button and disable the rear sensors when towing I’m good.

6of36

Reaction score
I was helping someone move a mattress one time and they had the tailgate down so when we were backing up it kept slamming on the brakes until we realized the camera was looking at the ground hahah.
It's actually not the camera, it's the backup sensors. They pick up the gate as an obstacle.

Users who are viewing this thread