5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera

Mbr19

Reaction score
Backup camera had a blue screen then started working later on in day any thoughts?

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hmm... Could be the UConnect wigging out. MIne did the same a couple of times but since the OTA update last week I have not experienced it again.

Kstatecat

Reaction score
My backup camera started showing the blue screen intermittantly. Started the day after I purchased my truck(July 30th). Called the dealership and they said they would order a new camera. Dropped it off this week to get that repaired and have oem step rails put on. Turns out that the harness that is unplugged to remove the tailgate had some bent pens causing it to be intermittant. They went ahead and replaced the harness and the camera. I believe this happened when the tailgate was removed/reinstalled to do the spray in bedliner. There is a sticker on the liner that says TOFF and my dealers name. I did a google search and one result was that the connectors sometimes get damaged this way. The connector is behind the plastic plate with wires going through it from the tailgate into the bed. You can get under the truck and see it but I was unable to disconnect and reseat the connector to see if that was what was wrong.
Hope this helps.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My backup camera started showing the blue screen intermittantly. Started the day after I purchased my truck(July 30th). Called the dealership and they said they would order a new camera. Dropped it off this week to get that repaired and have oem step rails put on. Turns out that the harness that is unplugged to remove the tailgate had some bent pens causing it to be intermittant. They went ahead and replaced the harness and the camera. I believe this happened when the tailgate was removed/reinstalled to do the spray in bedliner. There is a sticker on the liner that says TOFF and my dealers name. I did a google search and one result was that the connectors sometimes get damaged this way. The connector is behind the plastic plate with wires going through it from the tailgate into the bed. You can get under the truck and see it but I was unable to disconnect and reseat the connector to see if that was what was wrong.
Hope this helps.

Great write up. Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/