5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Stuck while driving.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited
Purchased 12/24/2018

I had this issue today. Very strange. I was in reverse and plugged in my phone to use Android Auto. Everything was find until I put the car in drive. The backup camera stayed on and i could not close it. I tried at the next stop light putting the car into park and then back into drive to see if it would reset. I also tried turning the stereo on and off to see if that would help. I have the 12 inch screen so the options on the bottom half of the screen still worked (heated seats, etc). It stayed stuck on the backup camera until I unplugged my phone and plugged it back in. Very strange. Anyone else have an issue with this? I have a video i'll post when I can upload it.

Phone - Pixel 3 XL

Ulrich

Reaction score
Just happened to me too. Now stuck while driving, tried everything. Any other ways to fix this?

badzdad

Reaction score
Same happened to me the other day. Its an android auto thing. As soon as I unplugged my phone it went back to working properly. Initially, the screen wouldn’t take any input whatsoever.

Ram92131

Reaction score
This happened to me once several months ago. Never again since. I don’t have an Android phone so it maybe isn’t only related to Android Auto.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happened to me once several months ago. Never again since. I don’t have an Android phone so it maybe isn’t only related to Android Auto.
I drove for about 30 mins yesterday with the back-up camera and climate control pop-up frozen on the screeen. Physical buttons and screen would not react. I could have pulled over and restarted the truck but I wanted to see how long it would last. It is the second time this has happened in the last couple of weeks. Most of the time I do not have issues so my guess this is primarily software related. Anyone else seeing this problem recently?

Konrad

Reaction score
Oh stop whining you guys. Give FCA some time to fix these teething issues. The UConnect system is still new, it's only been around for 7 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klail

Reaction score
I also had this. For some reason the camera app was overriding the top half of the GPS. I was able to remedy it while driving but I forgot what I did. For example, I’d go to the music or climate screen then back to the GPS and it would still be half camera. Kinda trippy on the freeway. Haha

DWWillms

Reaction score
I'm beating a dead horse a year later, but this just happened to me today. No phone connected, the camera just overrode the top half of the built in GPS system. Camera was on screen for whole 15 minute trip with average speed around 60 MPH. If course I'm out of warranty at 42k miles.

klail

Reaction score
I'm beating a dead horse a year later, but this just happened to me today. No phone connected, the camera just overrode the top half of the built in GPS system. Camera was on screen for whole 15 minute trip with average speed around 60 MPH. If course I'm out of warranty at 42k miles.
I had this a couple months ago. Happened while I was on the freeway. Went away when I restarted the truck and hasn’t happened again since. Really distracting when you’re driving though.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Chrysler/Fiat must know. A friend manages the fleet of a big variety Dodge Chargers and Ram Trucks, and he brought it up last night. I haven’t had this problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread